• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Eight-Way Tie at Senior British Open

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Play abandoned for the day. Round 2 to restart tomorrow at 08:00 local time. pic.twitter.com/QlccTeLkSM

— European Senior Tour (@EuroSeniorTour) July 24, 2015

WEATHER IS A FACTOR AT ANOTHER Open Championship this week. The second round of the Senior British Open at Sunningdale Golf Club in Berkshire, England, was suspended on Friday afternoon due to heavy rain and flooding. Play is scheduled to resume on Saturday at 8 a.m.

"The plan will be to finish round two tomorrow and then start round three," said European Tour referee Dave Williams on EuropeanTour.com.

"All going well, we'll start round three as a two-tee start. We'll have probably have an hour or so of play left to then finish up on Sunday morning. Then we'll probably go with threeballs off one tee and finish when we're supposed to."

Eight men share the lead at 5 under par: Colin Montgomerie, Bart Bryant, Jeff Sluman, Lee Janzen, Bernhard Langer, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Marco Dawson and Michael Allen. Only Montgomerie and Bryant had begun their second rounds when play was suspended.

"I didn't feel totally comfortable with my swing," Langer said after opening with a 65, "but my putting was very good and I didn't make any major mistakes."

Langer is the defending champion. The German star won by 13 strokes last year in Wales.

Source: Eight-Way Tie at Senior British Open

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.