• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ezra&Twofast at Fenner Hill

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Twofast and I snapped a few pics during our 41 hole marathon today. My boss joined us for the 1st 18. Great day and the most difficult greens to putt I've ever been on. Miss downhill and a minimum of 10ft. coming back. I'll talk about that in another thread. Here's the pics!!

f1.jpg
Missed a birdie, yet again.

f2.jpg
Twofast and his sweet swing

f3.jpg
Knockin one down into the wind

f4.jpg
Better leave it in, this ones quick. Note the flag.
f1.jpg
f2.jpg
f3.jpg
f4.jpg

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
And more...

f5.jpg
Took this from my ball sitting 160 out from 455 uphill. My drive of the day.

f6.jpg
"Did you find it?" :)

f7.jpg
And he claimed he hit a 6iron from there... I swear I saw him slipping a headcover on something though.
icon10.gif

f8.jpg
2 more chances for birds. Tried to get a shot of that ridge through the green. Man these things were quick and tough.
f5.jpg
f6.jpg
f7.jpg
f8.jpg

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Looks like a pretty sweet course. Love the fist pump.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Looks good man, but you still suck, :p

Is it just me or do some of those greens look kind of flat...ish

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I was looking forward to seeing another sky mark driver shot.......:(

:D

Nice photos. Looked like a perfect day for golf at a great course.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
it was such a nice day... i loved it. the course plays like different course from the farest tee, and i needed to really get on my driver, just to get my mid iron shot for approach. Wind didn't help neither.

we putt horribly yesterday because the greens were so fast. there's nothing flat about the greens at fennerhill. i had 7 3-putts on one round, and a rare 4 putts on previous round. my putting was coming along, but putting over 40 kills me.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Beautiful cousre, how much are the green fees?

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Looks good man, but you still suck, :p

Is it just me or do some of those greens look kind of flat...ish

Lol. Yeah right. You don't get the 3rd dimension. That shot where Twofast is flexing, I am at shoulder level with the front and the 2nd tier is a good 4 feet above the 1st. I hit my 2nd shot into the back bunker and hit a full swing bunker shot. It went 4 ft. plopped and rolled down past the stick. There were literally places I wished I'd missed the green so I could take a wide open swing and spin a 58* rather than try to putt.

The shot where I am putting, I hit about a 6inch putt and it went 9feet by. It was make or nothing on a down hill putt. The whole course goes from clubhouse to back holes about -250 to -300 feet at least. You have to pay attention to where the top of the "mountain" is in reference to the green. You could have one that looks almost uphill but is drastically downhill.

To put it in perspective I hit the green from 150 with a 3/4 gap wedge on one hole and a full swing 21* hybrid with a high cut on another.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Beautiful cousre, how much are the green fees?

They are a bit odd. It cost us $40 each to walk the 1st 18 and $9 for a "replay". We got 41 holes in for $49 and I also found a half dozen good balls, including a "new" Prov1. :laugh: So a pretty good deal IMO.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
They are a bit odd. It cost us $40 each to walk the 1st 18 and $9 for a "replay". We got 41 holes in for $49 and I also found a half dozen good balls, including a "new" Prov1. :laugh: So a pretty good deal IMO.

Pretty decent deal for a course like that. Thats about what the 18 holers are around here.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Pretty decent deal for a course like that. Thats about what the 18 holers are around here.

I like this one. It's a good challenge. It's only 6600 and change but a 135 slope. Probably due to the drastic elevation changes and insanely fast greens. Twofast and I grabbed some lunch after round 1 out on the deck. We laughed as we heard "Holy $hit" come from over on the putting green. :laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Nice, very nice. Yeah, that is what I hate about pictures, you rarely get a feel for slope.

Decent on price too.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Nice, very nice. Yeah, that is what I hate about pictures, you rarely get a feel for slope.

Decent on price too.

Lol. I knew I was in for it when I dropped my ball on the practice green and set my coffe down. I stand back up and there is my ball rolling off the other side of the green and into the rough. I $hit you not.
icon10.gif

It puts what I see on TV in perspective as well. I know the greens at Oakmont and Augusta must make these look pretty well slow.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.