• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fake Clubs - Beware!!!!!!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I will be putting up this guys info soon. I just contacted Taylormade and don't want to tip this guy off. I am going to try to get Taylormade to let me talk this guy into letting me place a huge order, like 100 heads, and then send his a$$ to jail. Do NOT buy any TM drivers unless you absolutely know the seller is legit.

Caved it in on the 3rd shot, finished it off with a few more just to let off some aggrevation.

F1.jpg

F2.jpg
F1.jpg
F2.jpg

Garrett

Sep 15, 2006
Damn. I remeber when I got my fake x460. It was rather depressing. I hope you get that *******!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Weak. Contact E-bay as well, they were instrumental in helping me with my fake Odyssey. So was Callaway.

You'll be ok, just be patient.

In the meantime, try to hit the ball a little closer to the center of the face. :D

R35

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I was "this close" to emailing him and requesting a $4999 deposit into my Paypal account. I just want to nail this jerk though. Maybe Taylormade will give me something for the effort.
icon10.gif

All I am wondering now is the shaft? Real Speeder or not? It has a mid bend and a mid launch with a caved in fake R7. Sadly enough I ripped off 6 or 7 260-270 yd. carry drives after I caved it.

Any tips on how to tell if the shaft is fake or real?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Any tips on how to tell if the shaft is fake or real?

Here's a tip on testing the shaft to see if it's real.

Get some vinegar and some bleach.
You'll also need some towels.
Get a wrench and a pillow.

Now, look at the head. Fake, right? So's the shaft. :D

Now's the time that you take the bleach and vinegar and put it in your eyes. Wipe the tears away from your face with the towel. Now, beat the wrench into the pillow.

Repeat as necessary.

:D

R35

Ps....this guy isn't putting $200 shafts in fake heads, sorry....

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Weak. Contact E-bay as well, they were instrumental in helping me with my fake Odyssey. So was Callaway.

You'll be ok, just be patient.

In the meantime, try to hit the ball a little closer to the center of the face. :D

R35

Sheesh, one ballmark outside of the center and you give me hell.
icon10.gif
You try hitting a fake R7 with a fake Speeder in it. This shaft is wayyy to whippy to be real. I'm holding off on contacting Ebay. Taylormade's legal supervisor is contacting me tomorrow. I am hoping we can set this guy up. I had 5 emails back and forth with him prior to getting the club. He knows I know a lot about clubs now and I left him a great feedback. That would be so awesome to set up a sting with Taylormade.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Not to be a dick, but are you taking pics with your phone?

Can you get a super clear shot of the top of the clubhead and the face dead on?

Thanks...

R35

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Now hopefully he isn't a lurker on this site, I know he couldn't be a member here, the only bastard that would do that to you is me. So you want to buy a new driver?:p

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Now hopefully he isn't a lurker on this site, I know he couldn't be a member here, the only bastard that would do that to you is me. So you want to buy a new driver?:p

He'd know if it waa you cuz it'd be a Cleveland driver.

:D

R35

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Not to be a dick, but are you taking pics with your phone?

Can you get a super clear shot of the top of the clubhead and the face dead on?

Thanks...

R35

No, pics are with a Fuji Finepix 4.1 on close up mode, highest resolution. Problem is I have to cut them down to 33% of the original size for ST to take them. It's a big ridge right across the head.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Get a free account at Photobucket.com. Put the pics up there. Select the bottom properties box and copy and past in here.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Take some pics at like 640x480 about 10cm away. Turn on the digital zoom and give it a go. I think you might be a tad close and you're blurring the photo.

What program are you using to dumb down the pictures? Irfanview is super easy and free, works well.

Like this...

R35
460facesm.jpg
460topsm.jpg

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I'm sorry, but from those pics I can't tell anything. What is the issue? Try using macro mode maybe on your camera???

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm sorry, but from those pics I can't tell anything. What is the issue? Try using macro mode maybe on your camera???

It's interesting that the face crushed along the seam right there instead of the face caving in, which is what I would expect. Hence my need for better pics.

I've seen drive faces crush, and dented drivers, but this is definitely a first for me.

R35

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Ummm ok. The second pic I took clearly shows the missing paint and the ridge where the head has caved in. I'll take some more later and post them full size. I did use the Macro mode.

On another note. I just contacted Fujukura also. Do not bid on anything from Underpardeals. He has Cleveland stuff galore too. I'm giving Cleveland a call right now.

🔥 Latest posts