• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Favre is ruining his reputation

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
he decided not to play for the Packers this year?

That's right HE is the one who made that decision, then he waffled & the Packers told him they would have a plane ready to pick him up during that initial waffling. Shortly thereafter he contacted the Packers & told them his mind was made up & he would stay retired.

2-3 months later he acts like a spoiled brat & blames the pack for not wanting him, well no shit since they were all a bit tired of his theatrics & had decided to move on.

The Packers went above & beyond what they actually needed to do & heeded his final request to be traded, now he continues to act like a jerk & has disgusted a huge portion of the Packers fanbase.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That's right HE is the one who made that decision, then he waffled & the Packers told him they would have a plane ready to pick him up during that initial waffling. Shortly thereafter he contacted the Packers & told them his mind was made up & he would stay retired.

2-3 months later he acts like a spoiled brat & blames the pack for not wanting him, well no shit since they were all a bit tired of his theatrics & had decided to move on.

The Packers went above & beyond what they actually needed to do & heeded his final request to be traded, now he continues to act like a jerk & has disgusted a huge portion of the Packers fanbase.
I for one will always try to look at the good in a man, especially one who has brought good to my life for many years. I'm proud to be a Packer fan, and proud to be a Brett Favre fan. You've made your choices, and that's your right.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
He decided he wanted to play again, why are you guys (Wi and MC mostly) wanting his balls on your door for this?

What if your son acted like this? Was wishy washy on whether he wanted to continue in a sport that he loved, but just couldn't make up his mind?

C'mon guys, this isn't that big of deal. He made his choice, he's an adult, and no one is really hurt in the process besides himself, in truth. Or is that not something you'd teach your kid?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
He decided he wanted to play again, why are you guys (Wi and MC mostly) wanting his balls on your door for this?

Nobody wants his balls because he decided to unretire. It's the lies that are disgusting, he lied about contacting the Vikings, he lied about speaking to Millen, etc.

I really don't care if he plays another 5 years as a Jet or any other team, just don't try & tear the Packers down at the same time. If he wants to "get back at them", how's about beating them on the field some day?

He should have taken a page out of Joe Montanas book when he was traded to the Chiefs in 93 & ultimately took that team to the AFC championship game. Montana didn't badmouth his former team, didn't contact other teams in a lame attempt to give them some sort of inside info, etc.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Nobody wants his balls because he decided to unretire. It's the lies that are disgusting, he lied about contacting the Vikings, he lied about speaking to Millen, etc.

I really don't care if he plays another 5 years as a Jet or any other team, just don't try & tear the Packers down at the same time. If he wants to "get back at them", how's about beating them on the field some day?

He should have taken a page out of Joe Montanas book when he was traded to the Chiefs in 93 & ultimately took that team to the AFC championship game. Montana didn't badmouth his former team, didn't contact other teams in a lame attempt to give them some sort of inside info, etc.
Very few people in this world will act the way you want them to. What's the point in complaining about it?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006

Fair enough, and he shouldn't have lied.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Very few people in this world will act the way you want them to. What's the point in complaining about it?

I'm not complaing about the way he acts, it has zero effect on my life & I don't give a rats ass what he does. But when others attempt to make excuses for him or put him on a pedestal simply because he played a game, then I will cry foul.

Funny how in golf when Woody Austin or Rory Sabatini spout off & act like jerks, the fan base gets down on them. But it's ok for a football player to act like a little bitch?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm not complaing about the way he acts, it has zero effect on my life & I don't give a rats ass what he does. But when others attempt to make excuses for him or put him on a pedestal simply because he played a game, then I will cry foul.

Funny how in golf when Woody Austin or Rory Sabatini spout off & act like jerks, the fan base gets down on them. But it's ok for a football player to act like a little bitch?

This is why I relented. Its a sportsmanship thing. Having played nearly every sport in high school, it is something special to see someone genuine out on the field.

Favre is ruining his rep as a sportsman, sadly enough.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

What he said. This is how I would want my children to act.

As I've said, I have great respect for the man's talent...just no respect (any longer) for the man.

Isn't that what this thread is about?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
This is why I relented. Its a sportsmanship thing. Having played nearly every sport in high school, it is something special to see someone genuine out on the field.

Favre is ruining his rep as a sportsman, sadly enough.

Sportsmanship, that says it all.
Once again we have found common ground.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
But when others attempt to make excuses for him or put him on a pedestal simply because he played a game, then I will cry foul.
Why should you care what other people think of him? Why should I care what you think of him, or of others?

Oh yeah - it's a freakin' internet forum...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
But when others attempt to make excuses for him or put him on a pedestal simply because he played a game, then I will cry foul.
As per my initial comment, I think people put him on a pedestal simply because he played a game very well. More for what he did for the team. Jordan was mentioned earlier, and is a fair comparison. The one I always use is Larry Brown. He went to KU and everyone knew he had a tendency of leaving after about 5 years. He stayed 5 years and many of the fans want his head on a stick for leaving and said he was turning his back on the program and dissing KU. They ignore the fact he had just brought them their first National Championship in 36 years. Had to turn the program around in that short span in order to do so and is likely the one responsible for their continued success up to now. He put the program back on the map and they want to criticize him because he didn't stick around and because of his life choices.

Plus with Favre, I think he deserves to be on a pedestal for the sportsmanship and dedication that he brings to a team. At least what I saw during his career, he didn't try and make it "All about him" when he was good enough to do so, like guys like TO. Which is all to common in the NFL. He treated his team with respect when he was there. Probably the reason people are so up in arms, they know it was a loss for GB, just like the KU fans that commented on Brown's leaving did so because they knew it was a big loss for the program. I think it is the fans that do this that are really the selfish ones here.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Probably the reason people are so up in arms, they know it was a loss for GB, just like the KU fans that commented on Brown's leaving did so because they knew it was a big loss for the program. I think it is the fans that do this that are really the selfish ones here.

Initially that was a lot of fans feelings, but looking at the stats & records now it appears as if that was all for nill & the fans are embracing Aaron Rodgers. He has good poise in the pocket & isn't as prone to make the boneheaded interception throws that Favre does.

And selfish fans? They/we have a right to be selfish, afterall it's our $$$ that's paying these athletes & they should act in such a manner that shows a little gratitude.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
And selfish fans? They/we have a right to be selfish, afterall it's our $$$ that's paying these athletes & they should act in such a manner that shows a little gratitude.

I agree. When you become a professional sport player as a career, you know your life doesn't belong entirely to you anymore. Public figures do have a responsibility with society, since their influence in people, specially young kids is much greater than any other. They become kid's idols, they want to be like them, follow them in any thing and aspect in their lives. They indeed have to be an example...

🔥 Latest posts