• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Favre is ruining his reputation

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
And selfish fans? They/we have a right to be selfish, afterall it's our $$$ that's paying these athletes & they should act in such a manner that shows a little gratitude.
I think fans have a right to be selfish if they are paying his salary, although you need to realize that you are no longer paying his salary, the Jets fans are instead. As was the case with Larry Brown. They should show gratitude to the team that is paying their salary, and the reason I mentioned TO. He could care less about the people that pay his salary, as long as someone will flip the bill.

Gratitude is what the Washington Bullets did for Wes Unseld for about 10 years, and it simply sidetracked their program. Gratitude goes both ways, had GB made a similar offer to keep Favre there, he would owe them that gratitude. Instead they tried to pay him to retire. If your company did the same, and you were not ready to retire, would you have done so out of respect to your company???? To me it seems obvious that Favre is not doing it for the money but simply to continue his career.

Are you also bitter that Ahman Green is now playing in Houston, or do you simply view him as yesterdays news?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
although you need to realize that you are no longer paying his salary, the Jets fans are instead.

Are you also bitter that Ahman Green is now playing in Houston, or do you simply view him as yesterdays news?

Could care less about Green, wasn't aware of him ever going around trash talking his old team & trying to figure out ways to make them lose aside from beating them on the field.

And via the NFL's revenue sharing policy, we actually are still paying Favre. Anyone who buys a ticket to any NFL game does. Anyone who buys a product from a company that sponsors an NFL broadcast pays Favre.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
And via the NFL's revenue sharing policy, we actually are still paying Favre. Anyone who buys a ticket to any NFL game does. Anyone who buys a product from a company that sponsors an NFL broadcast pays Favre.
Under that logic you are also still paying TO's salary, Pacman, Ahman Green, or even Peyton Mannings for that matter. Do you think Peyton Manning owes something to Green Bay Fans because in some form of semantics you are paying their salary.

In saying what you have said you have simply put him on the same level as any other player in the NFL, at which point he now owes the same to the GB fans as Peyton Manning or TO.

Again, real simple, he owes nothing more to GB outside of the fact that he will forever be considered a GB icon, and you hold it against him that he plays for anyone else but GB. Had they wanted otherwise, they would have paid to bring him back, but instead GB wanted to move on with their program.

So basically the GB fans are going to treat him like an Ex-wife, in that he shouldn't be satisfying anyone but GB fans, and if he should have been happy with only them. Or at least until he is ready to go into the Hall of Fame, and they will then simply say "He was married to us the longest"

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Do you think Peyton Manning owes something to Green Bay Fans because in some form of semantics you are paying their salary.

Only thing Peyton owes is the same thing all the players owe, a little sportsmanship & respect for whom is ulitmately paying their salaries.

you hold it against him that he plays for anyone else but GB. Had they wanted otherwise, they would have paid to bring him back, but instead GB wanted to move on with their program.

Where the hell was it ever stated by myself or anyone else that we hold it against Favre that he plays for someone else? I already stated I didn't care & was probably one of the 1st to jump on the Rodgers bandwagon. I was sick & tired of Favres yearly "will he or won't he retire" & basically was holding the team hostage until training camp because he couldn't make up his mind.

So basically the GB fans are going to treat him like an Ex-wife, in that he shouldn't be satisfying anyone but GB fans, and if he should have been happy with only them.

See above answer.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Give it up, Jayhawk - I have. Wi has lost respect for Favre. That's his choice, and we're not going to rationalize him out of it.

Frankly, I'm tired of listening to it, so I'm going to ignore this thread. That's my choice. No offense, Wi. I've just grown tired of this:

:deadhorse:

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Give it up, Jayhawk - I have. Wi has lost respect for Favre. That's his choice, and we're not going to rationalize him out of it.

Frankly, I'm tired of listening to it, so I'm going to ignore this thread. That's my choice. No offense, Wi. I've just grown tired of the whining.

Whining???? the only whining I have read about is Favres.
And how would it be possible to rationalize someone out of their opinion on whether or not a prissy athlete is acting like a damn primadona?

We can agree to disagree on this, you respect Favre for whatever reason. I have moved on & am backing Rodgers & really don't care what Favre does so long as he doesn't attempt to backstab his former teammates & fans.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Whining???? the only whining I have read about is Favres.
And how would it be possible to rationalize someone out of their opinion on whether or not a prissy athlete is acting like a damn primadona?

We can agree to disagree on this, you respect Favre for whatever reason. I have moved on & am backing Rodgers & really don't care what Favre does so long as he doesn't attempt to backstab his former teammates & fans.
Sorry dude. I had already edited my original post to remove the "whining" comment - you responded before I hit the "submit" button.

It was disrespectful, and I apologize .

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Sorry dude. I had already edited my original post to remove the "whining" comment - you responded before I hit the "submit" button.

It was disrespectful, and I apologize .

It's all good, we can have a healthy debate back & forth. If everyone agreed on everything all the time, this would be 1 boring world not to mention website.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
It's all good, we can have a healthy debate back & forth. If everyone agreed on everything all the time, this would be 1 boring world not to mention website.
Agreed. But in a good debate, one does not accuse his opponent of whining. Beating a dead horse? Yes...:laugh:

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
3 interceptions!!!!He was one away from getting me kicked out of the
football pool!!

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
But he made another comeback!! (Needed because he got them in the hole with his interceptions)... :D

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Where the hell was it ever stated by myself or anyone else that we hold it against Favre that he plays for someone else? I already stated I didn't care & was probably one of the 1st to jump on the Rodgers bandwagon.
Because per the topic of the title on the thread, I seriously doubt that Favre would be so ethically unsound to call another team to discuss the offensive scheme of the team he currently plays for at the time. While I personally doubt that he even did so in this case now that he is no longer a Packer, I would really have no problem if he did.

Also if that is the case, I don't see how this is any different than Ahman Green, for which you either seemed unaware or didn't care what happened with him. For me it all comes back to the fact that the only reason a Packers fan would care is if they still have some tie to Favre. If Ahman Green had done the same would you have even commented? Probably not because he was only a Packer in between stints of Seattle and Houston, served his purpose and went about his ways.

I just think that once a player is on another team, it only shows lack of sportsmanship if the are doing it to their existing team. Even more the allegations are completely unfounded. Why weren't we having this debate every time Favre made contact with Holmgren when Favre was still a Packer? They were good buddies, you really think they didn't talk? Seems like it was because the trust was there right up until the time he became a Jet.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
BTW, I guess the reason I have a hard time reading anything in to this is that I have no ties to Favre or either team. If I were to be upset with anyone in this, it would likely be the Journalist that is posting unfounded accusations. Just seems like yellow journalism to me. Although for whatever reason, most of the American public is willing to accept that as part of his job and responsibility. So I am likely just as guilty at harbor similar expectations with much of our media.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
there is no happy medium for Bret..
Ohhh, I don't know, he may be happy if he were just medium in interceptions as opposed to leading the league.

The way things are starting to look, by the end of the year the Packers fans biggest disappointment in this whole ordeal may be that Favre did not go to Chicago as opposed to NYJ. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.