• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Favre playing like a MVP

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
My man Rivers is the NEXT best QB of all time...wait and see!!

Yeah, he looked awesome against the Pats last week. :laugh:

All are second to Tom Brady.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Give him time...he was ranked 8th last year and he's still got a lotta time left.

Hey, I'm an NCSU alum...how can I not pull for him? ;)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Man, my pick was Vick. The greatest douche bag to grace the NFL.

I am pleased to see Favre doing well, especially since he used to be my favorite.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
What many don't consider is Favre has no one to throw to other then Donald Driver and that let's other teams put multiple coverage on him. Their other receivers (tight ends included) are so-so at best.

Now take your Brady's and Peyton's and switch them to the Packers receivers and see how good they are.

And take Favre and put him on the Pats or Colts.

Get the picture?

Also you talk about his interceptions. But how many of those were due to receivers running the wrong routes? How many were tipped by these same lame receivers for the defense to intercept?

What Favre has accomplished with what he has to work with is simply amazing. Peyton and Tom couldn't do it. Period. :D

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
And now no running game. Packer's running backs would not make most teams practice squads. The man has the whole football team on his shoulders:laugh:

I believe that is the definition of MOST VALUABLE PLAYER.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Now take your Brady's and Peyton's and switch them to the Packers receivers and see how good they are..

Please take a look at what Brady was throwing to the last 6 years. Once they leave the Pats, they fall off the face of the earth. Can anyone name all of the receivers on the Pats superbowl teams? I will give you one, Deon Branch. Whats he done since leaving the Pats? Nothing. David Givens, is he still in the league? David Patten, where is he?

This is the first year they have given Brady any real talent at all 3 receiver spots and he is lighting in up.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Please take a look at what Brady was throwing to the last 6 years. Once they leave the Pats, they fall off the face of the earth. Can anyone name all of the receivers on the Pats superbowl teams? I will give you one, Deon Branch. Whats he done since leaving the Pats? Nothing. David Givens, is he still in the league? David Patten, where is he?

This is the first year they have given Brady any real talent at all 3 receiver spots and he is lighting in up.

QFT. And you beat me to it.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
But it doesn't end at just the receivers gentlemen. How about the Pats offensive line which gives Brady about 10 minutes to throw. Same with the Colts. Favre has seconds. And he produces. Make Brady or Manning have to think and react that fast. They couldn't.

And the Pats and the Colts have running backs. Which forces the defenses to consider that.

Which is why if you switched these guys to the Packers they'd quit the game. And also why you'd see Favre light it up far brighter then them.

This is a no brainer.

:D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Gotta give Favre credit, he knows how to move, and can still throw.

🔥 Latest posts