• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Favre signs with Vikings

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Sweet, at least there is a reason to watch the Packers-Vikings games this year. :laugh:

Even money he retires again next March.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Living here in Mississippi, and being a Southern Miss fan, I've been a huge Favre fan for years. But come on Brett, make a decision and stick to it.

I really hope last year was an anomaly, a indication of a lack of talent around him, and not a lack of gas left in the tank. I would have rather he retired the 1st time and stayed retired. But now that he has come back, AGAIN, I'd like to see him have one more good season, and then move back to Hattisburg and play golf.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Living here in Mississippi, and being a Southern Miss fan, I've been a huge Favre fan for years. But come on Brett, make a decision and stick to it.

I really hope last year was an anomaly, a indication of a lack of talent around him, and not a lack of gas left in the tank. I would have rather he retired the 1st time and stayed retired. But now that he has come back, AGAIN, I'd like to see him have one more good season, and then move back to Hattisburg and play golf.

Lets consider this...odd, twisted scenario......

Favre gets poor treatment from Greenbay and is pretty much forced out....then, he begins his plan.....he works a trade to NY...knowing he can't go anywhere else after leaving the Packers...but clever enough to sign a one year deal...allowing him to go elsewhere.

He "retires" and announces he's not coming back to prevent all teams....but the Vikings to consider him.....he re-announced "said retirement" while all the other teams settle on their QB's, sign them....and begin practice.

Then, and only then, Brett works out a deal (probably worked out long before) with the Vikings to come back for one year...and exact his revenge on Greenbay.

:biglol:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Lets consider this...odd, twisted scenario......

Favre gets poor treatment from Greenbay and is pretty much forced out....then, he begins his plan.....he works a trade to NY...knowing he can't go anywhere else after leaving the Packers...but clever enough to sign a one year deal...allowing him to go elsewhere.

He "retires" and announces he's not coming back to prevent all teams....but the Vikings to consider him.....he re-announced "said retirement" while all the other teams settle on their QB's, sign them....and begin practice.

Then, and only then, Brett works out a deal (probably worked out long before) with the Vikings to come back for one year...and exact his revenge on Greenbay.

:biglol:

Thats pretty much what Dan Patrick said today on the radio.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Was he serious???

I was kidding!

He was dead serious. He said that Favre wanted to go to the Vikes in the 1st place and Green Bay wouldn't allow it. Then he supposedly told them he wanted to go to Tampa Bay, so they traded him to the Jets. And now he was playing for the Vikes to stick it to the owner of the Packers. :D

He even had some sports writer from the Green Bay area on the show, and they both agreed this was what was going on.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Brett signs with Vikings---------WHATEVER

Saw some good comments on forum---freegolfinfo.com

Vikings sign Favre to get $4,500 on the "cash for clunkers program".

Adrian Peterson now has a chance to lead the league in rushing yards AND tackles. :biglol:

I repeat---Whatever sigh and shrug

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Except he was never treated poorly, I don't know where that myth ever got started?

They never did. The Packers had to wait a long time for him to make his decision. He finally retired and the Packers gave the team to Rodgers, but Favre was always their first choice.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
He was dead serious. He said that Favre wanted to go to the Vikes in the 1st place and Green Bay wouldn't allow it. Then he supposedly told them he wanted to go to Tampa Bay, so they traded him to the Jets. And now he was playing for the Vikes to stick it to the owner of the Packers. :D

He even had some sports writer from the Green Bay area on the show, and they both agreed this was what was going on.

That's insane!

Brett created much of the confusion involving his exit from GB.....and then his repeated theatrics every off season didn't exactly endear him to many people.

I cannot imagine anyone turning so many people against him, and possibly taint the way history would look at him...all for the sake of revenge.

Especially someone I percieve as nice as Favre....I truly think he hates to let go of the game...and would like at least one more ring...to finish up on top.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
hmmm, he retired twice in the last 11 months and managed to not miss a single game.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
mddubya Re: Favre signs with Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by indacup
Was he serious???

I was kidding!

There is no one owner of the Packers. You mean Ted Thompson, the GM.
Brett.jpg
Brent.jpg

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
...all i know is the vikings could still beat the chiefs.....so, yeah...

...maybe my Eagles will finally win this year.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.