• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

February good month for Ebay ho'ing

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Couldn't resist.I love the now discontinued Cleveland 588 BRZ wedges,very soft and lovely feel,I've just never got around to buying some.Anyway,these things don't photo well because the head will discolour,similarly the raw haze wedges look shit in pictures as well.

Anyway,now got a 52 for......................6 of your dollars.1 year old in great nick after a bit of brasso.Also got a 56 same age,equally good.

It seems Feb is the month everyone dumps their gear on Ebay and rushes out to buy the latest fads

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I was getting some good deals before Christmas. Now is a good time for the used stuff. You're a smart guy Dave, it's simple to figure trends out. End of the month is usually better to buy while the middle is easier to sell. The last few days should have been good to buy, what's tomorrow?
icon10.gif
Honey, I got these wedges for Valentine's Day.

I'd like to see some pics of those too. Bronze you say?

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yep,the newer 588 BRZ model,as opposed to the older BeCu,although I may get a BeCu 60.

They are ugly in the pics and of course its time for buying the shiney new Callaway and Taylor Made wedges.Who wants the scruffy old Cleveland wedges?

me:)

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Folks: When do you think is the best time to stick my Taylor Made TP MBs with Project X shafts on ebay ? I was thinking Thursday the 1st of March on a 10-dayer. Opinions >? I reckon Sundays are a good finishing day, plus the fact that people tend to have been paid around this time also has got me thinking of these dates. I am thinking, say, 10:25pm finish, or so - what do you think >?

Thanks..
A

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
To end 1st of March,not much later.9pm a bit better for finish

You will get top money for those sticks,why are you selling,not much better out there than those

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I say wait till the second week but a 10dayer would put you there. My dad has been buying coins like mad and has seen a real trend with time of the month vs. purchase prices. He says he can't touch anything between 2nd and 3rd week but at the end of the month he scores stuff cheap. Makes sense, everyone has bills to pay. Even if it's not so much a budget issue it's just a mental thing. Once those bills are gone that 1st check of the month makes you feel like buying something nice.
icon10.gif

BTW I found this amusing. He purchased a silver dollar for $.99 lol. Shipping got him though.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
BTW I found this amusing. He purchased a silver dollar for $.99 lol. Shipping got him though.

Ezra76

I wonder who the "rocket scientist" was he bought that from!!! (Oops, sorry R35) :D :D

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
To end 1st of March,not much later.9pm a bit better for finish

You will get top money for those sticks,why are you selling,not much better out there than those

Sure I got custom-fitted for a set of Mizunos !! Where have you been...??!!?

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I say wait till the second week but a 10dayer would put you there. My dad has been buying coins like mad and has seen a real trend with time of the month vs. purchase prices. He says he can't touch anything between 2nd and 3rd week but at the end of the month he scores stuff cheap. Makes sense, everyone has bills to pay. Even if it's not so much a budget issue it's just a mental thing. Once those bills are gone that 1st check of the month makes you feel like buying something nice.
icon10.gif

Starting 'em on the 1st of March would near enough take me into the second week, anyway. Think I am gonna do that...:)

Besides, by that time I will have ammassed 200+ feedback scores, and so be in good stead for a good sale. Just need to get to at most 230 to get from 99.5% to 99.6% positive, too...! :D

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Sure I got custom-fitted for a set of Mizunos !! Where have you been...??!!?

Blimey,you are top ho;)

Imo,the TMs are a better club,why no wait and see if you prefer the Mizzys first before you sell them? Is in the Projects you don't like? To stiff?

My Name is Nate

Yah Shoor Yoo Betcha
Jan 29, 2007

My father is also a coin collector. He went to an auction a while ago and they had a bag or can of 1000 nickels. Auctioneer put it up for bid and noone wanted it because they were sorted or something. My dad finally bid $5 on it. Went straight to the bank and cashed it for $50.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
My father is also a coin collector. He went to an auction a while ago and they had a bag or can of 1000 nickels. Auctioneer put it up for bid and noone wanted it because they were sorted or something. My dad finally bid $5 on it. Went straight to the bank and cashed it for $50.

That's classic. Awesome!!
icon10.gif

Andy. Not sure how much luck you've had with the 10dayers but I wouldn't bother spending the extra $$ to do it. I actually tend to lose interest if I have to put it on my watch list for a week. They'll most likely just sit there at $100 or something for 9 days and jump to $400 or whatever in the last hour.

I'd go with the standard auction, no reserve in big red letters and have MG bump it for you.
icon10.gif

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
10 dayers piss me off,I am sure I a not alone,start on Wednesday finish Sunday 8pm is the best I reckon

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I like to have my auctions end on Monday afternoons.
This way guys who are pissed off from a weekend of HACK, come to work monday AM and start searching. By noon they are in a frenzy, and by 2pm they have paid too much for the stuff I no longer need or want.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I like to have my auctions end on Monday afternoons.
This way guys who are pissed off from a weekend of HACK, come to work monday AM and start searching. By noon they are in a frenzy, and by 2pm they have paid too much for the stuff I no longer need or want.

You're right on that. I had 2 messages from guys wanting to buy the R5TP I traded and then I had feeding frenzy for that shaft.

🔥 Latest posts