• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FedEx Cup Playoffs: DJ Leads Northern Trust, Tiger Withdraws With Oblique Strain

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
DUSTIN JOHNSON FOLLOWED AN OPENING 63 with a 67 on Friday to take a 1-stroke lead at the halfway point of The Northern Trust, the first leg of the FedEx Cup Playoffs. Jordan Spieth is in second at 11 under after rounds of 67 and 64.

"I'm in a good position heading into the weekend," Johnson said, "and if I can keep swinging the way I am, I think it's going to be a good weekend."

Woods exited Liberty National on Friday after shooting 75 in the first round.

"Due to a mild oblique strain that led to pain and stiffness, I have to withdraw from The Northern Trust," Woods said in a statement. "I went for treatment early Friday morning, but unfortunately I'm still unable to compete."

Tiger's participation at next week's BMW Championship is in doubt, although he is "hopeful" he can play the event at Medinah, where he has won two PGA Championships.

"Woods had played only 17 official tournaments after his first back surgery in April 2014," reported the Associated Press, "and the fusion surgery was as much about quality of life as golf."

Source: FedEx Cup Playoffs: DJ Leads Northern Trust, Tiger Withdraws With Oblique Strain

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.