1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FedEx Cup Playoffs: Justin Thomas Collects 10th PGA Tour Win at BMW Championship

Discussion in 'Golf News' started by Dogfish Head, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head Well-Known Member TEA is my HERO

United States United States
    Admin Post
    JUSTIN THOMAS CARDED A BLISTERING 61 at Medinah Country Club on Saturday (highlights above) en route to a 3-shot victory at the BMW Championship, the second of three legs in the FedEx Cup Playoffs.

Thomas finished 25-under for the tournament, with rounds of 65, 69, 61 and 68. Patrick Cantlay finished second.

"Patrick played unbelievably, put a lot of heat on me," Thomas said. "In the end, it could have been good for me. It kept me focused, kept my head down."

He added: "I was really nervous going into today. I remembered that it's really hard to win a golf tournament, and I'm glad that I was able to do so."

Now it's on to East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta for the playoff finale, the Tour Championship, where a field of 30 will battle to be the FedEx Cup champion.

As part of the new playoff format, Thomas will step foot on East Lake as the No. 1 seed, and will be spotted a 2-shot advantage over the No. 2 seed. He will be 10-under on the leaderboard before he hits his opening shot.

"I can certainly say I never slept on a Wednesday lead," Thomas noted.
    [​IMG]

Source: FedEx Cup Playoffs: Justin Thomas Collects 10th PGA Tour Win at BMW Championship