• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

finally it happened

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
ive been at this torture for about 8 or 9 yrs.i have had atleast a dozen chances but it has always eluded me.

today on the 2nd hole(266) with a 6some letting us play threw and watching.my partner hits a nice drive and leaves himself about 25 to the flag.of course they all say nice shot.so i tee it up and boom best drive ive ever hit on this hole.of course i usualy hit 8 iron to keep it in play.after the smack of the driver you WOW from our admirers.

we go up to my partners second shot and see my ball just past pin high 20` right of the pin.after my partners second shot he is on.now with the 6some watching i just want to get it close enough for a tap in birde but it just drops in the hole EAGLE.one of the guys yells nice birdie and another corrects him saying he was on thats an eagle.

after the round i wnet in had a couple drinks and breakfast.the first guy comes in and says wheres the eagle guy.i told him stuff like that only happens when people are watching his wife says i would bring a crowed with me all the time.

this being my first eagle now i only need a double eagle or albatross wich ever you want to call it and a hole in 1 and i can die happy.

although i still shot 47 with a double and a quintuple i was very pleased with the roundjust because its one thing my partner cant hang over my head as he had one a couple yrs ago.
icon10.gif

(the reason there was a sixsome is because it rained here all night and was still sprinkling on and off and the owner didnt expect much business).

john45

Jul 4, 2005
Congratulations on a great eagle, it is holes like that that keep you coming back.

Lamma

May 23, 2005
Congratulations. That's great. My first eagle came after only playing for about 10 months or so. Great drive, great 3 wood on the second shot. But then I skulled my approach and it was heading left until it hit the embankment in front of the green which somehow turned it back straight and then the ball trickled down to the right and hit the hole right in the throat. Through shear luck I got an eagle early on. Haven't had one since. Come close a couple of times but no pinata. Again congratulations and way to go.

OP
goatster

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
well lamma as they say in bowling it all looks the same on paper.i never got even close till about 3 yrs ago.now it seems i have 3 or 4 chances a yr.

Aggie

Sep 9, 2005
Yeah, I couldn't hit the ball far if my life depended on it... So my only chance for an Eagle is an Ace. Great Eagle man!

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
Congratulations. I've had two eagles, both this year. One from about 140 out, to a blind green. I'd have loved to have seen it. The second a more traditional 3 on a par 5. I think I was more excited by the second. If I can do it twice, then . . . .

🔥 Latest posts