• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FINALLY! PRE-BOOK TIME!

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Finally, everything is done, prototype arrived two days ago...it's a KILLER!

Production has begun and they are expected here first of February...so I will be taking pre-books between now and the day before release.

The head will be simply be called the "TVC"

One out of ten pre-book orders will get a free TourSwing shaft of their choice!

For more information, please go here --> TVC Pre-Book

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
That looks killer. I like the name as well; simple, the TourSwing TVC. Are you going to circulate a demo around the forums?

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Are you going to circulate a demo around the forums?

I dunno....I would like to but I keep getting two negative events happening

1) We think everyone should be fitted...and you know at least half the population will not have a shaft/head combination that works for them....that hurts potential sales....but then again we also know and have had it happen manytimes where someone with a demo wants to buy it there on the spot! (which we like).

2) The clubs "disappear".

I might perhaps get a couple different configurations and circulate them among REGULAR board members.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Got a sole pic?

The answer is an unequivocal: "kinda...yes and no".

The prototype had the name "TVC 1.9" on the sole and the "wing" was painted grey....Which will be black fill in during production

I took a picture of it and did a little photoshop to it......so this (below) is the "artist rendition"....

This is the ACTUAL font...I just cut out the 1.9 and centered it....and filled in the wing.

View attachment aindacupgolf.com_newsole.jpg

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I still think it's stupid that they have the lettering parallel to the face. It'll look dumb in golf bags, and at address, no one sees the lettering. Who does that- lettering parallel to the face, POSSIBLY benefit in ANY aspect?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I still think it's stupid that they have the lettering parallel to the face. It'll look dumb in golf bags, and at address, no one sees the lettering. Who does that- lettering parallel to the face, POSSIBLY benefit in ANY aspect?

Maybe that was never considered?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I can't read through a headcover.
+1

The only time i EVER look at the bottom of my driver OR care what it looks like, is when i first buy/see it. After that i could care less. Its a tool, so long as it does its job, and does it well, i dont care what it looks like.

Might irritate some people, but i dont think its going to be a deal breaker if they hit it well.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Maybe that was never considered?

It was discussed very briefly here...and later discussed between me and a few others....

The idea of having the sole lettering/artwork from toe to heel as opposed to face to rear was (for now) dismissed because of the following rationale...

When the driver is stood up on the grip, head pointing upwards, like in a staff bag, it IS easier to read the artwork as proposed.

However, when the clubs are in a stand or carry bag, the clubs relax and gravity forces the heads to hang downward.

At THAT point, the artwork going from face to rear is the same as the names etched on the heads of the irons...allowing consistency in viewing club info.

Since the majority of players use a stand/carry bag...and another majority use headcovers on their drivers/woods. It made more sense to leave things "as is".

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
Rory, will you be able to hand select these things if I pre-book one? I'd be looking for a square to slightly closed face (0.5*) (even though I know a degree shouldn't make much difference) and about 9.5* of loft

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Rory, will you be able to hand select these things if I pre-book one? I'd be looking for a square to slightly closed face (0.5*) (even though I know a degree shouldn't make much difference) and about 9.5* of loft

Yup, no problem.... :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online