• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fingers crossed...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The "experts" were saying last night on the ND telecast, that even if ND wins out they won't move into one of the top 2 spots assuming the other 2 teams win out. Something to do with strength of schedule and statistics and who knows what.

I am just liking that ND is playing well and matters again!

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Yep, Roll Tide still. We aren't out of the NC hunt. USC has a good chance of beating Notre Dame and Kansas State doesn't play a championship game while still having to play Texas. Texas A&M is a good team that is much better than the beginning of the year.

We've lost 7 games in 5 years. I don't expect to win them all year after year. On top of that, the last two games

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Ok, so it's November so that means meaningfull games. Who's the SEC playing OOC? W.Carolina, Jacksonville St., Georgia Southern, Sam Houston St., and Wofford. Way to step it up big boys.

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
Ok, so it's November so that means meaningfull games. Who's the SEC playing OOC? W.Carolina, Jacksonville St., Georgia Southern, Sam Houston St., and Wofford. Way to step it up big boys.

Lucky for you you are playing a 4-5 team tonight.

OH WAIT. 5-5! LOL ;)

Maybe you should reconsider your trash talk when you look at the two previous teams that Alabama played in NOVEMBER before Western Carolina. They happen to both be in the top 10 right now.

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
I am having a hard time keeping up with this Oregon offense too. Getting whiplash from all the TDs being scored.

:D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Wow!

I watched the Oregon game and was flipping to the K State game too. I gotta ask, what's been so special about Oregon? I was not impressed at all by that offense.

ND will be#1, Bama #2?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Lucky for you you are playing a 4-5 team tonight.

OH WAIT. 5-5! LOL ;)

Maybe you should reconsider your trash talk when you look at the two previous teams that Alabama played in NOVEMBER before Western Carolina. They happen to both be in the top 10 right now.

What 4-5 team are you talking about?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So I watched a lot of both Oregon and K State last night and have to say I was not impressed by either. I think ND could easily handle Oregon, ND's defense is better than Stanford's and Stanford shut them down.

I would give a nod to ND over K State also. I have not seen Bama play so can't comment, I did see that ND would be a 10 point dog against the tide though. What a crock that is.

Anyway, hopefully ND can take care of USC and get back to the title game, would love to watch them play for a championship!

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
KSU's injuries did them in. You simply cannot compete in Div 1 football with your "B" team. They just aren't deep enough.

ND still has to get by USC. Oregon still has to play Oregon State. There are a number of scenarios, depending on what happens from here on out. KSU plays Texas this coming Saturday. If they play no better than last night, they will be 10-2 and won't even win the Big 12. If they beat Texas, they win the Big 12. Either way, you're likely to see 'Bama and ND in the Championship.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
SEC must have cracked the BCS codes, because league is overrated this year

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...c-is-overrated

It's a Ponzi scheme, this 2012 SEC fraud, built upon layers of air. Georgia is great because it has beaten Florida. Florida is great because it has beaten Texas A&M. Texas A&M is great because it has beaten Alabama. And Alabama is great because it has beaten ... um, who has Alabama beaten, anyway?

Alabama's best win in the league came against LSU, which struggled with mediocre Ole Miss and lousy Auburn and was given a scare by Towson or Towson State or Towson Christian or whatever that school is called. Before LSU, Alabama's signature victory was a 38-7 destruction of undefeated and then-No. 13 Mississippi State -- and Mississippi State hadn't beaten anybody either.

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
SEC must have cracked the BCS codes, because league is overrated this year

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...c-is-overrated

Yep we did crack the code. Stanford and Baylor were the two missing pieces. Talk about overrated teams this year! (Cough Oregon.. Cough Kansas State)

Don't bitch about the SEC making it to the NC game when the other conferences can't beat a 4-5 team to make it. Oklahoma State lost to a 5-4 team last year. If they just took care of business all these overrated SEC teams wouldn't be in the National Championship game.

Your excuses for Oregon losing to Auburn in 2010, Alabama beating Texas in 2009, Florida beating Oklahoma in 2008, LSU beating Ohio State in 2007 and Florida beating Ohio State in 2006 are still waiting.

Alabama's worst loss this year? To a 10-2 bound team in the top 10. Kansas States worse loss this year? A team that was at risk of only becoming bowl eligible by beating them. Wowzers.

🔥 Latest posts