• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First "Barkie"

Bubble Head

Oct 14, 2006
I wanted to share my joy of a recent accomplishment.

I was playing a 170yd par 3. It is narrow, with big trees on both sides. Just before the green, the leaves from the left side almost meet the leaves from the right.

My normal shot is a fade and my normal miss is a slice. The shot was going to carry 165 but it encountered a right side tree trunk first. It bounced out to 5 yards from green and 10 to the hole. I chipped to 2 feet and sunk the put.

I am a happy camper. :thumbs up:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I call those "Playstation Shots" and they are lots of fun.

My most memorable was on a 165-yard par 3 hole fronted by a bunch of big, flat rocks. I hit my tee shot about 155 yards and it hit a rock and bounced straight up into the air, then hit and bounced about 10 more times, before coming to rest right on top of the rock it originally hit.

Chaos Theory personified...

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Oh, I thought a "barkie" had to do with either what the girl you're with looks like or the position you find yourself in with her.... ;)

Played an uphill approach on a par 5 through a tree...one of the limbs changed my ball's flight path from left of pin to dead at the pin. Stopped a few feet short, 1 putt for par.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I drew this picture to commemorate my miracle shot. It left me only a couple of feet from the pin.

ahome.lagrange.edu_tummy_miracle_shot.jpg

ers1029

Apr 1, 2008
Lol, I had a similar shot last week. Par 3, about 140. Cart path about 10 yards behind the green. I overshoot the green and hit the cartpath, ball bounces back because the combination of back spin ( I guess) and the slant of the cartpath down towards the green. Rolls to within 5 feet, 1 putt for birdie.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Once you've got the barkie next comes the rocky and the fency.

5iron

I wanted to share my joy of a recent accomplishment.

I was playing a 170yd par 3. It is narrow, with big trees on both sides. Just before the green, the leaves from the left side almost meet the leaves from the right.

My normal shot is a fade and my normal miss is a slice. The shot was going to carry 165 but it encountered a right side tree trunk first. It bounced out to 5 yards from green and 10 to the hole. I chipped to 2 feet and sunk the put.

I am a happy camper. :thumbs up:

Haha nice one there !

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.