• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First "golf" trip!!!!

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Pretty sad I am even posting about a golf vacation...I am sure most of you guys do this yearly, somehow this is my first actual golf trip... But, me and 7 of my buddies are going to a golf resort in northern MI for a "golf getaway". Pretty nice place called A-ga-ming, in Traverse City, MI. I guess I am just super excited for the trip...I am sure this work week will drag on horribly. We used a group golfer voucher for $59 each...and get a 2 room condo (way small for 8 dudes, but we'll make it work)....2 rounds of 18 ( 1 on Torch Course, 1 on Sundance), with range balls etc. One rounds Sat on Torch, one on Sun on sundance. I have heard Sundance is slightly nicer.

For Saturday, I think we are going to do a 2 man scramble for some kinda prize. Sunday, an all out skins game. Should be fun. Would like to play another round Sat, but....we don't tee off til 1pm...which kinda makes that difficult this time of year. I think for the 2 man scramble we will do a pot....winning team takes all. With only 4 teams, its hard to do anything too crazy. For the skins game....just a buy in, par to win...closest to on one par 3 of both sides and probably one more bonus hole like longest drive, closest in 2 or 3.

Pretty stoked, but anything from your guys experience with this group size that works well and could be fun!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
A two day golf trip? That's called a weekend! I want to hear about a 4 day, 5 round marathon!

I've only been on one "golf trip" myself, to Myrtle Beach. Went with just one friend. Probably a lot more fun with a group like you have. I still had a great time, and even got to see a bald eagle pick a fish out of a pond 20 feet from the 2nd tee box that I was standing on at Wachesaw Plantation East. I will NEVER forget that. Probably could've run and tackled the bird.

Good luck!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Only golf trip i have ever taken was to Tennessee for the shot talk outing with doc eracer and mddubya(may he rest in peace).

Had a great time.

Hope you have a great time too!

Make sure to take pictures!

OP
Hackin_Away

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Only golf trip i have ever taken was to Tennessee for the shot talk outing with doc eracer and mddubya(may he rest in peace).

Had a great time.

Hope you have a great time too!

Make sure to take pictures!

Sorry, I was away from the site for a while...and mddubya passed away? I remember talkin to him bout stuff back when i first came here, may of even bought something from him...

Yea I am sure there will be pics. It also sounds like we may have 12 now, not 8. SO 6 team 2 man scramble sat, then everyone for themselves skins game. I know its not a "golf getaway". It's hard for some of us to even get a day off this time of year. lol. Plus, getting handful of these guys together to do anything can take some work, and a lot of notice.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Sorry, I was away from the site for a while...and mddubya passed away? I remember talkin to him bout stuff back when i first came here, may of even bought something from him...

Yes, sadly he passed away a couple of months ago ( hard to believe) and you are not alone if you bought something from him. Those who have spent any amount of time on this site have either bought something from or sold something to Dub. I miss his perspective on things!

🔥 Latest posts