• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First Mens tournament of the year..

Jun 24, 2006

Was this morning. It was a 4 man team stableford with handicaps and the best ¾ scores counted for the team score on the hole. It was frickin cold, frickin wet and frickin frickin. I started out with a very nice drive on the first, approximately 286 yards down the right center. I was happy. Thing was since I was so far down the fairway on the right side I was blocked out from the green by two big spruce trees. I tried to punch a 9 iron under them but I got a little excited and looked early and hit it fat, and ended hitting the tree 20 feet ahead of me.. HAR!. So I started with a double. Frick. Next hole I made a good par, but I made a poor club selection and came up 25-30 feet short of the stick. Could have used a soft 8 but like an idiot tried to muscle the 9. Too cold for the ball to carry very well.

Anyway, 3 and 4 were smooth, almost made a pitch shot from across the green on 4 for bird. Now on 5 I pulled out the big stick and hit this big push/block/slice..THING that left me in a horrible position. I was not impressed in the SQ. Also hit a horrible wedge shot from 60 yards on this hole that gave me bogey. So I thought SasQuatch might just have been sleeping and I startled him when I exposed him to the rain and cold air so I brought him out again on 6. WOW, WTF is this!?..same jesus thing. 6 is a par 5 and I had a looong putt for bird and left it on the edge. The 2 bar mallet showed up for the round, but forgot to bring Daddy SQ with him.

So I hit 3 wood of number 7, a hole that always gets me. It just sets up disaster for me. I was able to get out with a Bird today though. Now on 8, with some confidence I pulled out that fricking driver again and came o so close to putting it OB left. Good thing the ball landed soft!. SO that was the last of that MFin driver until..15. I ended the 9 in +3 and was fairly happy with all that was going on weather wise and SQ wise.

I doubled 10 but that was caused by a very poor bunker shot. Everything was smooth sailing until we came to 15 were I hit driver. I over corrected and hit a little low hook but it didn’t hurt me. Took a bird there. 16 was a 3 wood off the tee, 17 was a 5 iron and 18 was a 3 wood.

I hit the 3 wood very well but the driver just left me confused.

Any way..my team came 3rd last out of ..11 teams but I shot a +5 75 myself. The other players of my team diden’t cope with the weather as well as I did. Plus they were all 15-20 caps.

It was a fun day none the less.

On number 4 I was inches away from being clocked in the head with a ball when I was about to hit my tee shot. I knew the guy well and we had a good laugh when he came up to play his ball. We were talking on the first tee how if I turned sideways you wouldn’t be able to see me. I felt and heard the ball whooshhhh past my ears. HARR!.

So that was my day at the mens opening trny. I was put on a team last minute, last night since we had 3 guys that wanted to make a team. I would have been on there team(the guys behind us that almost hit me) but were all single digits and people would have bitched until the cows came home. Some people get pissed when I play in any of the mens events since im a JR. They just dont like it when I kick their ass is all. So I was put on a team with high caps and one of the high capper I was traded for went with the late addition team. It would have been fun to play with them since one of them was my science and Bio teacher; we get along well, always ribbin each other. The other 2 are nice people as well. Playing with them would have made the say a lot better but what can you do.

This is longer than I intended but what ev.

I went out for 7 holes of speed golf after work and I hit the SQ well. Go figure. His little bro must have given him a talking to. Playing in the morning and I expect good things.

Review coming soon on the Nickent 3DX DC.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
not a bad round... but it cant always be the equipments fault?? sometimes it ahs to be the indian, and not the arrow... as much as all of us on ST would like it to be the arrow...

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
not a bad round... but it cant always be the equipments fault?? sometimes it ahs to be the indian, and not the arrow... as much as all of us on ST would like it to be the arrow...

it was me..and i know what I was doing..happend last week too.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I think you were playing mine and I was played yours this week. That or I wasn't releasing my right side into it and it was being a bitch.

Btw, I demo'd some lefty wedges the other night. I was hitting some pretty clean chips shots... :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Not bad not bad.

To be fair, his equipment was at fault, it's all bass ackwards.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.