• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First Round of 2014

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Looking forward to getting out there and swinging the clubs. Have plans on going to a local course later this afternoon and can't believe how late I'm getting started. This same time last year I'd have played a dozen or more rounds by now. Winter in Southern Ontario was way too long this year! Let's get this thing started... FORE!!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well, I only made it as far as the range yesterday. It was windy and actually kind of cool. After about an hour I decided to pack it in and try again another day.

That day was today!! The first round of 2014's season is officially in the books. I carded a +4, 36 on a course I've never even played before. Needless to say I'm over the moon with the results, considering the range session was anything but promising!! My putting was actually one of my stronger game pieces today, which is odd for me. And my short game was strong too, another pleasant surprise. The thing I hate most about winter is that my yardages are all messed up again, but I guess that's what the next round is for. Iron out a few more kinks.

Cheers to the '14 golf season all! Tee it high and let it fly. FORE!!!

🔥 Latest posts