• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First time out this year...

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
Hit a 117, my best round ever!
loser2.gif
and my 6th 'real' roudn since I started late last year. I say real because in the past I'd just kinda hack around with no real goal or purpose. Now, I;m trying to really PLAY.

Par 71, 68.8 rating, 120 slope, 6008 yds.

Lemme tell ya, I blew two easy pars and a 'sure thing' birdy! SUCKED! lol. Those woulda looked good on the scorecard.

All in all a good day, I moved the ball - only one worm burner, and I lost only one ball in a water hazard. A new record for lost balls
awww.habanocigarforum.com_forums_images_smilies_smile.gif

Some jackass hit one of my balls though. Not sure how the rules would work but I just dropped and didn't take a penalty... Also did a good job with ym club selection.

Putting is still my downfall.

Can't wait for next Saturday
awww.habanocigarforum.com_forums_images_smilies_biggrin.gif

OP
S

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
HEH! Just used the yahoo handicap tracker. Put in todays score and I was assigned a 52 handicap.

Lmao.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Anyplace I would know? I'm looking for a decent short track to practice on this year. They are tearing up my old favorite.

Good job on the new best. I like that you are positive with small goals. I started out the same way and little by little figured out one thing after the other. I remeber breaking 100 I was so pumped up you would have thought I shot a 59.
icon10.gif

Good luck and let me know if you ever want to play.
icon13.gif

OP
S

Sean

Worm Burner
Aug 24, 2006
I played at East Mountain CC (public) in Westfield, MA. I went off the gold tees, they don't add much length here.

Windy as hell today, I probably would have shaved two or three if a couple drives didn't get blown to the side or knocked down. (I guess you could ay if I got the drive down more it woulda cut through better but let's not blame ME!)

I'd love to play a round some time, gotta be a weekend though and not a PGA course ;) So long as you're OK playing with a guy who shoots in the 117 range and has to sometimes chase down errant drives, I'd be willing to play.

The way I look at my golf outings is this: I'm still learning, no shame in skulling one here and there. It won't kill me. My goal this year is to break 100. You should see me when I get a rare birdy, you'd think I just won at Augusta!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yeah, no worries. I play with a few other guys on here time to time and believe me, we're no pro's ourselves. I shot 113, 88 and 94 my last 3 times out. :laugh: I should be due though. lol.

I'd like to check out a few courses up in MA. My only stipulations are they have to be fairly cheap. I like $25 or less, uless the course is supernice but that has to be a special occasion. I look at it like it's costing me 2 for 1 so it better be worth it, ie: blow my regular $22/round course out of the water.
icon10.gif

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I got out for the first time of the year yesterday - I was awful

Ez, if you're looking for decent reasonably priced course - Chimewa in attleboro or North Attleboro was pretty nice considering it was 35-40 degrees. It was a little on the short side, but it was great to have driver/7 iron instead of driver/ 4 wood or driver/ 3 iron like some courses

I noticed the ball really doesn't have any pop off the driver when it's this cold - I always knew I got more distance when it was warm, but I didn't think it would be such a drastic difference

🔥 Latest posts