• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Foot Golf!!??

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
http://wildcatgolfandfitness.com/files/footgolfcourse.png

We have an executive course on the west side of our town. They just put in a "Foot Golf" course, overlaying the regular golf course. Foot golf is played with a soccer ball. You "kick off" rather than tee off. The holes are about the size of a bushel basket. They say the holes are to the same scale as a golf ball is to the 4 1/4" golf hole.
As you will see on the linked layout, it sounds as if this is a real "mess". The foot golf holes crisscross the regular golf holes. You have kids kicking soccer balls, crossing fairways in front of golfers teeing off. Foot golf holes are next to many of the regular golf greens. How do you hit a golf ball to the green when you have kids trying to kick a soccer ball into "their" hole.
I overheard a lengthy conversation the course owner was having in our clubhouse. He says it is SUPER and does not anticipate any issues. ????????? Um.... Says the USGA is all excited about "foot golf" in hopes it will get kids interested in the game.
I haven't played this executive course in over 10 years. Now, with the foot golf, won't plan on it during the next 10. Already seeing some "members" at this executive course joining our course, dropping their membership there. Will be interesting to see how it works, long term.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
http://wildcatgolfandfitness.com/files/footgolfcourse.png

We have an executive course on the west side of our town. They just put in a "Foot Golf" course, overlaying the regular golf course. Foot golf is played with a soccer ball. You "kick off" rather than tee off. The holes are about the size of a bushel basket. They say the holes are to the same scale as a golf ball is to the 4 1/4" golf hole.
As you will see on the linked layout, it sounds as if this is a real "mess". The foot golf holes crisscross the regular golf holes. You have kids kicking soccer balls, crossing fairways in front of golfers teeing off. Foot golf holes are next to many of the regular golf greens. How do you hit a golf ball to the green when you have kids trying to kick a soccer ball into "their" hole.
I overheard a lengthy conversation the course owner was having in our clubhouse. He says it is SUPER and does not anticipate any issues. ????????? Um.... Says the USGA is all excited about "foot golf" in hopes it will get kids interested in the game.
I haven't played this executive course in over 10 years. Now, with the foot golf, won't plan on it during the next 10. Already seeing some "members" at this executive course joining our course, dropping their membership there. Will be interesting to see how it works, long term.

They just opened a foot course at one of the ghetto courses here in town. A guy in my office was trying to get a group together to go do it. No thanks.

Ever.
Seems like a lawsuit in the making.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Basically. Except imagine people playing disc golf on a real golf course while you're trying to play real golf.

Overlay a Disc golf course on top of the foot golf course which was laid on top of a real golf course, which is on an indian burial ground, which was also involved in nuclear testing, and wrap that all up in a waffle taco and eat it.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Vitense in Madison has foot golf now too, as if their regular crappy course wasn't crappy enough?

rob0225

Mar 27, 2006
Country
Stupid. Seems like in their effort to generate more revenue, they will actually run revenue off.

Mystery man

Major winner
Phucknugget
Nov 10, 2013
Country
India India
Hogan based his study off of what he did with left hand and wrist therefore his degrees open must be a counter or a offset to match or allow both hands to roll for the choice he made to work out . However if he did not know his range if motion for one and that the more he did it the great his range became then 5 degrees would only work for a given time and may not have been enough. Trying to counter a manipulation or an attempt to have or do domething a certain way one must know the degrees of possible counter their could be if that's your thing then that's the answer it's not magic it's in plane sight he felt that the lead hand wrist would be best doing that therefore through practice realized 0 degrees leading edge angle would not work for where he dynamically was getting to so he countered in the best way he could come up with .squareness was gained Trajectory was lost and joint function was weakend therefore body action required to help the weakend area or dislocated hand. There's incapsulation and there's unincapsulated. To make up for the weak link his grip strength had to elevate and his leg and body work had to always sink up. From a how to not over square something it's one way to chose it's piss poor choice for the left hand and wrist to external rotate or be in that position at that moment in time . Coming apart at a moment when effort or force is needed is not the most logical of choices . But in no way will it not work.

Now that said you must coordinate and match a ton of other stuff and learn through practice what that is and the complexity of that so he is for every degree right he went left on top of club but was it for benefit or roll for left or right hand wrist ? It was the right to use index pressure point .

Starting from square which is neutral to us the question is why would that be any different or any less then another.

As for 45 degrees well it's your daily operating angle that allows us to be weightless and more of a spring it's the seamless connection of horizontal and vertical and where dynamic stretch happens and G force does not affect us so we don't freeze up and can still move. Dissipating shear off us and 45 degrees is perfect to resist gravity tugging on us. That's what 45 is. Is not load bearing but can handle and redirect load if externally put upon us balance like you think is it's enemy really the bodies enemy .

Do what you like with your clubs counter whatever manipulation you think applies or don't counter and minimize manipulation it's up to each person to come to grips with the way they chose to go it happens out.

Impact angles are one thing contact points are their own thing how the ball travels and ends up is a function of the way you contact it's point . That point does not relate up past that point understand that I realize that this will result in comments yes but everything here does . That point trumps everything else only through practice and engagement of that points you chose will you find out if that stands true from there you realize a lot of things.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I love it when "Mystery Man" posts. It makes Tricky seem so... ummm... sane!!!!:D

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
I love it when "Mystery Man" posts. It makes Tricky seem so... ummm... sane!!!!:D
I distinctly remember my stats professor describing points outside three standard deviants as eccentric. Part of the group to be sure, but way way way off the mean.

🔥 Latest posts