• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

For my Wisconsin friends

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
It snowed here too. Not that much and it'll be gone by the end of the day tomorrow.
Same here if we get it. I was just hoping we were done with it. And I want to clean up the yard this weekend.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
captain-picard-waving.gif
Um...ok...not sure I understand. You want them to move to AZ?

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Um...ok...not sure I understand. You want them to move to AZ?
No, we're good. We have enough folks flowing in from the southern border, we don't need any more from the Midwest.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
No, we're good. We have enough folks flowing in from the southern border, we don't need any more from the Midwest.
btw, if I haven't mentioned it, my trip to Phoenix years ago was one of my favorite. I really could live there if I could leave here.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
btw, if I haven't mentioned it, my trip to Phoenix years ago was one of my favorite. I really could live there if I could leave here.
First time visitors to Arizona are often amazed at the diversity of the climate and scenery throughout the state. Within a couple of hours I can be in low desert, high desert, mountain country, or at a lake. You can be in shorts and t-shirt climate and a couple of hours later be in jacket and glove climate.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
First time visitors to Arizona are often amazed at the diversity of the climate and scenery throughout the state. Within a couple of hours I can be in low desert, high desert, mountain country, or at a lake. You can be in shorts and t-shirt climate and a couple of hours later be in jacket and glove climate.
Yeah, but "jacket and glove climate" to you people is 50 degrees. :p

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

We do the same thing in Wisconsin, and you don't even have to move. That kind of climate change comes to us.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Yeah, but "jacket and glove climate" to you people is 50 degrees. :p
There is something to that. When you live in triple digit weather for 120 straight days 50° feels really cold. Just the opposite is true for you guys. When it's been freezing for months 85° feels hot as hell.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Also, the old adage "but it's a dry heat" is so very true. 85 degrees with 15% humidity is very pleasant. 85 degrees with 80% humidity is suffocating. Conversely, 50 and humid is very pleasant.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
30 car pile up in Milwaukee county because of ice on the roads this morning.

The roof tops of buildings across the street from my office are covered in snow.

Hoping this weather keeps up for 2 more weeks so the turkeys are ready to have an orgy while my turkey season is in.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Also, the old adage "but it's a dry heat" is so very true. 85 degrees with 15% humidity is very pleasant. 85 degrees with 80% humidity is suffocating. Conversely, 50 and humid is very pleasant.
Friday it was 97° with 3% humidity.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.