• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FOX Sports: 'Greg Norman Will Not Return'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
(The following content was supplied by Fox Sports in a news release.)

By FOX Sports

FOX Sports announces that they will be making a change to their commentary team, and Greg Norman will not return to the network's USGA Championships coverage in 2016. The announcement was made today by John Entz, President of Production and Executive Producer, FOX Sports.

Both parties have agreed to an amicable separation and will continue to work together to broadcast the Franklin Templeton Shootout, which remains an important part of FOX Sports' golf platform.

"After careful consideration, we have decided to make this change to our USGA Championships coverage," said John Entz. "We want to thank Greg for his contributions last year, and wish him success in all his current and future endeavors."

"I put a lot into my role this past year and really enjoyed the time I spent with the commentary team," said Norman. "I have a long history with FOX and wish them well on their journey showcasing USGA Championships. I also want to thank David Hill (former Head of FOX Sports) and the USGA for believing in me and instilling their vote of confidence in me from the outset."

Source: FOX Sports: 'Greg Norman Will Not Return'

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I thought the old boy was not too bad once he started to settle in.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
You don't need hearing contraptions for the intranet geezer. G Norman. That be the who Who.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Fox Sports' best options for replacing Greg Norman? Here are five choices | Golf Digest

The five possible replacements named in the above story.... Azinger, Chamblee, Nicklaus, Woods, Irwin.

I hope it's either Azinger or Chamblee... or Woods.
Azinger or Chamblee both have booth experience. Neither are afraid to call a choke a choke. Either would do fine. Woods would be an interesting experiment. He knows the game. He knows today's players, their strong points and weak points. He's been there on the 72nd hole of a Major... more than once.

Nicklaus is too "yesterday". I really appreciate Jack, but don't think his booth demeanor would be what the golf fans would enjoy. Hale Irwin?? IMHO, one of the most conceited, demeaning, egotistical.... Well, I just would hate to see Irwin in the booth. Probably would turn off the sound.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Wow... Any of those would be the best of a bad lot. I think Zinger or Chamblee would be the best.

Hmmm... Rocco Mediate?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I've never really had a problem with any of the announcers. Sure I like some better than others, but I never really disliked any of them.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.