• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FrankenPutter Build

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
arent those worth money...well until you refinished it that is?
I don't think that's as big a deal as antiquities and coins. I see refurbished Camerons going for big dollars. My work is far from professional but I think it looks better than some all original beat up POS that looks like someone has hit rocks with.

Last edited:
OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I don't think thats as big a deal as antiquities and coins. I see refurbished Camerons going for big dollars. My work is far from professional but I think it looks better than some all original beat up POS that looks like someone has hit rocks with.
This^^^

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I have one just like it! I say sand the dings out of it. I use a wooden block with stick on sand paper to ensure the face is planed down evenly. If the dings are deep, don't be afraid to use 100 grit...just make sure you use a block...and not rubber because it will round the edges off. Slow, deliberate strokes works best. I go from 100 grit to 220, 320 then I jump to 1500 then steel wool and finally polish.

Edit: I was wrong, I use another sandpaper that just says "fine" that's somewhere between 320 &1500 grit.
Decided I'm getting a punch kit and doing "Scotty Cameron" type dancing letters, might put fairwaysplitter or bogey slayer or something like that in there. Also found a skull and crossbones punch as well, debating on that or a bullseye on the heel. Thoughts???

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Decided I'm getting a punch kit and doing "Scotty Cameron" type dancing letters, might put fairwaysplitter or bogey slayer or something like that in there. Also found a skull and crossbones punch as well, debating on that or a bullseye on the heel. Thoughts???
Where did you get the punch kit?

I like the scull idea on the bulls eye!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Go for it. Bullseye sounds cool.

It took me some practice before I got the hang of using stamps. For me it works best if you just hit the stamp one time really hard. I've heard other people say they hit each letter several times but be careful doing that, trust me. Also masking tape works well to help you center up the stamp. Good luck!

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Go for it. Bullseye sounds cool.

It took me some practice before I got the hang of using stamps. For me it works best if you just hit the stamp one time really hard. I've heard other people say they hit each letter several times but be careful doing that, trust me. Also masking tape works well to help you center up the stamp. Good luck!
I found a pretty cool method. double sided tape on the front to keep the putter in place and masking tape where you are going to stamp to the punch doesn't move. Pretty sure I'm going to do this.

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
yeah you aint good enough to use that dude.

arent those worth money...well until you refinished it that is?
On second, thought I'm going to put TrickyPutt on it. Send it south, with a card that says, "Good luck, you aint good enough to use this dude." On the heel I'm going to stamp in a middle finger. ;)

Also enclosed in the package will be an invoice for the putter and labor. :)

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I'm about done with the M-100 as far as sanding goes. Do you guys think this putter needs a finish or should I leave it raw? I was thinking about a DIY black oxide. Anyone have any experience with those BO kits?

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I'm about done with the M-100 as far as sanding goes. Do you guys think this putter needs a finish or should I leave it raw? I was thinking about a DIY black oxide. Anyone have any experience with those BO kits?
Never messed with the BO, what does it look like now???

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Never messed with the BO, what does it look like now???
It looks okay. I had to leave some imperfections or I would have lost all the engravings. I thought the BO would hide some of that. The rust was bad. It's a shame too because the putter was mint before it rusted. I'll get some pics up.

🔥 Latest posts