1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FST shafts

Discussion in 'Golf Equipment Talk' started by Dewey_1011, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Dewey_1011

Dewey_1011 Well-Known Member

Anybody here have any of these layin around. I have found them for 6.45 a piece but wanted to see if anybody here had any first. I think i need the pro white's but Rock or Lyle might be able to let me know.

2. RickinMA

RickinMA Well-Known Member Supporting Member

what are you looking for? in a shaft? bend profile? stepless design?
    I think there's a few here switching over to these things so someone must know what you're looking for

3. Dewey_1011

I want stepless and I would like to lower my ball flight a little bit too especially in my short irons.

4. Rockford35

Rockford35 Shark skin shoes Staff Member Admin

Canada Canada
    Whatcha got now for shafts?

R35

5. RickinMA

weight?

I think the pro whites would work for you - there's also their new line
    Golfworks lists the Pro 115's as mid-tip (Lyle was kind enough to confirm for me) so they probably won't lower your ball flight much
    they also have Pro 125s - they'll lower your flight

here's where I would get them myOstrich Golf Clubmakers FST Shafts
    almost regardless of price

6. Dewey_1011

well rock now I don't like, but my fave so far that I have played have been PX 6.0 but I don't want to spend that kind of money. What FST is closest to the PX.

7. RickinMA

8. Dewey_1011

The FST pro 125 stepless at myostich lsound about right

9. RickinMA

I'm going with the Pro 115's very shortly - good luck - and let us know how they treat you

10. Rockford35

Canada Canada
    FST 90 ($8.95) - An amazing 25% lighter than conventional steel shafts, FST’s state of the art ultra-light steel produces more head speed with less effort while retaining the solid feel and accuracy of traditional weight steel shafts. The lighter weight also allows for a club with a lower center of gravity, which produces a higher shot pattern. Available in a unique combination A/R flex for practical fitting options.

FST Pro 115 ($6.95) - A ground-breaking lightweight “stepless” steel shaft from FST. This performance shaft has a “tip stiff” design that provides a lower shot trajectory, more head speed, and a firmer feel at the tip of the club. The stepless profile also delivers better feedback to the player at impact.

FST 115 ($5.95) - This lightweight steel shaft is designed to increase ball flight without sacrificing consistency and control. The lighter weight compared to conventional weighted shafts allows the builder to use a lower center of gravity head or more head mass without increasing overall club weight. Available in combination A/R and S/X flex options.

FST Pro 125 ($6.90) - A conventional weight shaft (often referred to as “tour weighted”) that generally appeals to skilled golfers. Its tip stiff design produces the lowest ball flight of any of our premium shafts. Its sleek “stepless” profile transfers vibration more evenly from the club head to the hands. This delivers good feedback to the player, especially on off-center hits. Available in the unique combination S/X flex providing many practical fitting options.

FST 125 ($5.60) - A conventional weight iron shaft in a traditional step pattern that is customizable with a unique S/X combination flex configuration. An excellent value for the better player. Hi-Rev WedgeAvailable in tapered tip and parallel tip models. These wedge shafts perform harmoniously with the heavier and more lofted heads used in wedges.

Hi-Rev Wedge ($11.95) - Available in tapered tip and parallel tip models. These wedge shafts perform harmoniously with the heavier and more lofted heads used in wedges.

Those are the 2008 FST lines.

For the record, the Pro White (which is now the the Pro 125) played lower to flight that a Rifle Flighted and on par with a traditional Rifle.

If you're looking to lower a tad, go with the Pro 115. They're not as stiff feeling as the 125's, I was told, and still offer the lower flight.

If you're like me and spin the pi$$ out of the ball, these will help you and also don't have the weight of a 125g shaft.

Just my thoughts. Of course, everyone is different, so what works for me may not be your cup of tea.

And for the record, PX shafts are not the hottest thing since sliced bread, IMO. If you like them, fine, but there are cheaper alternatives.:mgw:

R35

11. Dewey_1011

Thanks alot guys those will be on the way soon

12. Dewey_1011

I really spin the ball alot and I know the PX aren't cheap but me like alot so thats why I wanted something close

13. Rockford35

Canada Canada
    Mine shipped yesterday, fresh off the boat.

R35