• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FT-i still kicks ass.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Have only played 4 times in the last 2months so am getting a bit rusty since I don't practice at all. Anyhoo the FT-i truly is a magic club as I have noted in the past. So long as I make sure my backswing is the same everytime this club is a magic fairway finder. 10 out of 14 today on a course I never played before. And my distance has pretty much stabilized with my best shots being in the 245-250 range & my worst being right about 200, although those were also either uphill or into the wind today.

I haven't even looked at either my Burner or R7 425 TP drivers in at least 4 months. I wonder if the FT-iq is as good or possibly even better?

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Have only played 4 times in the last 2months so am getting a bit rusty since I don't practice at all. Anyhoo the FT-i truly is a magic club as I have noted in the past. So long as I make sure my backswing is the same everytime this club is a magic fairway finder. 10 out of 14 today on a course I never played before. And my distance has pretty much stabilized with my best shots being in the 245-250 range & my worst being right about 200, although those were also either uphill or into the wind today.

I haven't even looked at either my Burner or R7 425 TP drivers in at least 4 months. I wonder if the FT-iq is as good or possibly even better?

I used to walk uphill AND into the wind both ways to school.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

In my opinion, the FT-Iq is no better than the FT-i.

The FT-9 Tour is tho.

R35

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I wonder if the FT-iq is as good or possibly even better?

See, why do we do that? Soon as we get a club that's working, it's the first thing we start wondering about replacing. I played a round with 27 putts in October. You know what I did that night? Ordered a new putter to reward myself.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
See, why do we do that? Soon as we get a club that's working, it's the first thing we start wondering about replacing. I played a round with 27 putts in October. You know what I did that night? Ordered a new putter to reward myself.

Nah, this thing is staying in the bag until the mojo is gone. I looked at a brand new $99 Nike whatever damn model at Golf Galaxy the other day as well as a $149 TM Tour Burner. I didn't even give them 2nd glance though as right now i'm happy.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I looked at a brand new $99 Nike whatever damn model at Golf Galaxy the other day as well as a $149 TM Tour Burner. I didn't even give them 2nd glance though as right now i'm happy.

That's the true sign of someone being happy with the clubs in their bag. Somehow I've been given the roll as resident club guy around the shop. Maybe its because all the old guys are lefties too?? I dunno either way. But the best trips to the golf store, is the one you come back with nothing!! That means your clubs are working just fine!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I have a question which I know its been addresed a thousand times, but yet again :D:

What's the difference between the FT-I (FT-IQ) and the FT-5 (FT-9)?

As well, how do the draw version play? Is it very very closed? Does the FT-I Draw and FT-5 Draw play the same as their neutral versions in comparison?

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
you guys forgot one. FT-i LCG....:D

I didn't. I put mine together tonight after work. It's drying as I type this.

I have a question which I know its been addresed a thousand times, but yet again :D:

What's the difference between the FT-I (FT-IQ) and the FT-5 (FT-9)?

As well, how do the draw version play? Is it very very closed? Does the FT-I Draw and FT-5 Draw play the same as their neutral versions in comparison?

the difference between the ft-5 and ft-I is a square and a round head.

As for the draw models I'll be able to tell you this weekend. Put mine together tonight and will see the course on Saturday. Hopefully I won't be looking in the trees on the right all day as this one is a draw model.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I know that :D. I mean, difference in performance/forgiveness/etc?

Sorry mate, had to do it...:p

from all reports the ft-I is more forgiving but some people have struggled for distance and others have struggled to turn the square head over leading to constant blocks.

Other reports from the ft-9 are if you find the right shaft to put in there then get ready to hit wedge from the middle of the fairway 12 or 13 times in your round coz that baby is long and straight. Without the right shaft however it can be pretty unimpressive.

Only real way to know is try em out, unfortunately.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I have a Ft_5 draw, while I won't say it has cured me of my over active power fade, I hit it straighter than any other driver I've tried. Well, other than my J33r, which has a smaller head and is easier to turn over for me. sadly the shaft broke in it and I can't decide what to re-shaft it with.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008

I didn't. I put mine together tonight after work. It's drying as I type this.

the difference between the ft-5 and ft-I is a square and a round head.

As for the draw models I'll be able to tell you this weekend. Put mine together tonight and will see the course on Saturday. Hopefully I won't be looking in the trees on the right all day as this one is a draw model.

Let us know how you like it, Lefty. My back was bothering me a bit near the end of the season so I took mine out of the bag. My 907D1 with the Titty blueboard seems a little easier to load at the top with a sore back. When I put the FT-i back when the twinge was gone, I had to laugh because I hit it straighter and farther with ease. I have the neutral LCG.

What shaft did you put in yours? I would love to hit one with a real Blueboard sometime. I'm going to be looking for a used lefty FT-9. If you get one of those, let me know.

Kevin

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.