• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fu)&*#

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
So I bought into the hype and found a TEE 4wood. The seller never gets the alert from Paypal showing he received funds so it took 2 weeks to get it shipped. It finally arrives so I open it as soon and the UPS driver opens it, he is an near scratch golfer and waited to checkout the new toy. I open the box and turn it over to pull it out and the head hits my foot. The seller did not pack anything around the shaft, I mean does it not make sense to add a little cushion around a 1/2" piece of steel in a 9" box. I don't know about you but I like to take that extra step to assure no problems arise. I fire off an email asking what he'd like to do. Didn't hear anything back so I head to the fitter after work and drop it off to have him pull the Accra SC85 out of my DCT and put it into the TEE head. When I get home last night I have an email stating that he wanted to make a claim, but it turns out once the club has been repaired there is nothing they will do about it. Motherfu@#)$. I mean wtf throws a golf club in a box wraps the head and prays for the best.

Edit.
So now to I go to the fitter and stop the reshaft or just let it be, opinions?
DSC00863.jpg
DSC00864.jpg
DSC00865.jpg
DSC00866.jpg

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I think you should buy some iron heads to cheer you up.;)

Seriously, that sucks. Total :horse:

OP
SplooGe

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
If you didn't have the monkey arms as opposed to my T-Rex arms I'd be all over those irons, but its time for me to head to the course and release some frustration.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
If you didn't have the monkey arms as opposed to my T-Rex arms I'd be all over those irons, but its time for me to head to the course and release some frustration.

LOL, I do have monkey arms. I'll extend them for free if you get the specs from Lyle.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
While that sucks, just be happy it wasn't a Diamana or an Ozik. Steel is a simple reshaft, and the least costly all around.

You'll love that thing when it's up and running tho.

Keep us posted.

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Where you going to re-shaft it anyway? I imagine you most likely were. If it was me, I'd let the re-shaft continue, but definitely give they seller a bad report.

And like Rock said, you're going to LOVE it once it's finished! :thumbs up:

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
That sucks, ive been selling and buy alot of clubs lately and just pray they get here in one piece, I always ship with plenty of bubble wrap and newspaper. I had the Airlines break my driver last month, I just sold the head instead of reshafting it and really didnt loose much money on it, it would have cost me another $100 or more to buy a shaft and reshaft it. I hate seller who just throw stuff in a box and dont care about the packing.

I would just keep the club but give him poor feedback for his crappy packing, but I think now you cant leave bad feedback which sucks.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
That sucks, ive been selling and buy alot of clubs lately and just pray they get here in one piece, I always ship with plenty of bubble wrap and newspaper. I had the Airlines break my driver last month, I just sold the head instead of reshafting it and really didnt loose much money on it, it would have cost me another $100 or more to buy a shaft and reshaft it. I hate seller who just throw stuff in a box and dont care about the packing.

I would just keep the club but give him poor feedback for his crappy packing, but I think now you cant leave bad feedback which sucks.

Agreed, I have been selling alot lately on ebay as well and am super anal about packing what I am selling, I put a ton of newspaper around the WHOLE club. Nothing worse than having a seller with a broken club IMO.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I don't think any amount of wrapping would have prevented that from happening, I wonder how badly that box was damaged to snap a steel shaft?

When I send out clubs I will wrap the heads in bubble wrap & put a ton of newspaper around the shaft to cushion it. However if I am using a box from GG with the shaft support built into it, then I just toss the club in the box & off it goes. GG does the same thing & so far I haven't had any issues.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I don't think any amount of wrapping would have prevented that from happening, I wonder how badly that box was damaged to snap a steel shaft?

When I send out clubs I will wrap the heads in bubble wrap & put a ton of newspaper around the shaft to cushion it. However if I am using a box from GG with the shaft support built into it, then I just toss the club in the box & off it goes. GG does the same thing & so far I haven't had any issues.

You are correct. As a professional mover, maybe an engineer is as qualified, maybe, as to packaging an item correctly as I am. That shaft was snapped before he sent it to you. The box would have been bent in half it happened during transit. It also would have to have been caught in a machine. That wouldn't even have snapped if they ran it over with a forklift.

Packaging was fine. Nothing you could possibly use on a steel shaft would be stronger than the steel shaft.

OP
SplooGe

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
The box didn't look bad at all, thats what really suprised me. There were 3 things that drew me to the club, I wanted to try a TEE, a 4w and a steel shafted FW. I'm may have ended up reshafting anyway but really wanted to try out the club before making any decisions.

On a side note the Sonartec must have see its replacement because it was bombing the ball off of the tee today, 255-270 as per skycaddie and hit 8-9 fairways with it.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The box didn't look bad at all, thats what really suprised me. There were 3 things that drew me to the club, I wanted to try a TEE, a 4w and a steel shafted FW. I'm may have ended up reshafting anyway but really wanted to try out the club before making any decisions.

On a side note the Sonartec must have see its replacement because it was bombing the ball off of the tee today, 255-270 as per skycaddie and hit 8-9 fairways with it.

Yeah, unless the box was totally fecked up, I'd have to say it's a strong chance the club was broken before he sold it to you. BTW, TEE will annihilate a Sonartec in the same loft.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I blew it up but don't see much. Are the corners of the box crushed in the area of the break? I've been told UPS uses a conveyer belt to sort packages. Golf club boxes get sideways and pinned on both ends while the conveyer keeps pushing, bending them in half. Nothing with packing would help that. If it snaps steel, it will snap just about anything.

Here's the pic if you can see anything.

f47c_1.jpg
f47c_1.jpg

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sounds to me like the Sonartec put a voodoo curse on the Tee while it was in transit, :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts