• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gallbladder removal - anyone had theirs out?

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The onset of it for me is chest pains, followed by back pain. It starts on my right side and extends towards my heart (up high, not down low by your appendix).

Then, the pain gets worse until standing, sitting, lying down in any configuration, breathing and doing anything physical are nearly impossible. I equate the pain to two 300lb'ers kneeling on my chest and back at the same time.

I had my first experience on September 6th, maybe a 7 out of 10 on the pain scale. I started an exercise regime and was losing weight at a good clip. Apparently, this is a common kick starter for gall bladder issues - you eat like a fatty and you work out your gall bladder. When you're in decent shape, you rarely need the big bile push to digest huge amounts of fats, so it sits more idle and sludges up, creates stones. Then, when you do need it (see: exercise), it try to flush itself and can't because of the stones, etc.

I had one more attack in September. It was mild.

Last week, I had a mild attack, controlled it with some meds and anti-spasmatic drugs. Then a larger one on the Wednesday, and a colossal one on Saturday night.

I'll have you all know, that I did win my Ebay auction while in the hospital and paid via Paypal. I don't remember doing it, but my son is gonna love his Xmas present. I hope he likes Star Wars figurines.

R35

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Here's to you not having anymore attacks between now and surgery!
beer-drinking-smiley.gif

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Wow. Is that a Gall stone?

If so, that is large. Most are around a cm in size, I am told. But, they can get as big as a golf ball (ironic) I am told.

If you Wiki gall stones, there's some pretty incredible imagery of stones in situ that is quite telling about how screwed up the body is. LOL.

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Got the call, heading in on the 18th. Hopefully, with any luck, I can eat Xmas dinner and not feel like I am going to expire.

R35

Hope all goes well!

I was going to make a joke about you expiring....but then realized that I would feel horrible if something really did happen...so I refrained.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hope all goes well!

I was going to make a joke about you expiring....but then realized that I would feel horrible if something really did happen...so I refrained.

Well, it's not like I would be able to call you out on it. And knowing the heartless bastards around here, you'd all have a big laugh about it anyways. :D

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Good luck Rock. Don't forget to sign your will.

Between you and my wife, I don't know who's the more vile.

But i'm willing to bet she has a nicer vagina.

R35

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
LOL, only on ST would a picture of Rocks wifes vag make me hungry.

Can't believe I missed this thread until now. My fiance had her GB out years ago, way before lap surgery, cuz she has a huge scar. I wish her tits were that big, but I digress..... She can eat anything but sausage and bell peppers, both of which give her indigestion, so she says.

Somehow it also made her unable to swallow, if you know what I mean, but I keep hoping. The 16th is my birthday, and one of these days, I may get lucky.........

Good luck, Rock!!!

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Thanks dude.

Indigestion is something entirely unrelated to gall stones. Lots of people suffer from eating spicy foods.

But the allergy to your junk and throat yogurt are not my forte, unfortunately.. :D

T

🔥 Latest posts