• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

G'day all.

Tim

Jan 12, 2013
Country
Australia Australia
Hi just joined up, first time to this sort of stuff. Just getting back into golf after a long break( over ten years). I have a 20 yr old set of brosnan ( Aussie made) clubs which I want to upgrade. I used to be a 25 marker but playing to more like 30. I have looked at a couple of superseded sets my local pro is willing to deal on. Hogan apex edge, Bridgestone gc graphite shaft and ping k 15. All felt good and properly liked the hogans best. Looking for opinions on these, quality value for money is there technology current.

Any help would be great, thanks t

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Hi just joined up, first time to this sort of stuff. Just getting back into golf after a long break( over ten years). I have a 20 yr old set of brosnan ( Aussie made) clubs which I want to upgrade. I used to be a 25 marker but playing to more like 30. I have looked at a couple of superseded sets my local pro is willing to deal on. Hogan apex edge, Bridgestone gc graphite shaft and ping k 15. All felt good and properly liked the hogans best. Looking for opinions on these, quality value for money is there technology current.

Any help would be great, thanks t
First off welcome!

Second, Hogans! I ayes the Apex Edge Pros, Apex Plus, Apex Blade and Apex FTX over the years. I loved them all, feel was great and look was awesome! I don't know much about the Edge's but I know the brand and you can't go wrong!

OP
T

Tim

Jan 12, 2013
Country
Australia Australia
Welcome, I like the Bridgestone's personally.
Thanks. was a club longer with the gc, did not seem to have the softness as the hogans. My swing is still rusty so may not be an issue after a few rounds. Great value half price,
Thanks t

OP
T

Tim

Jan 12, 2013
Country
Australia Australia
First off welcome!

Second, Hogans! I ayes the Apex Edge Pros, Apex Plus, Apex Blade and Apex FTX over the years. I loved them all, feel was great and look was awesome! I don't know much about the Edge's but I know the brand and you can't go wrong!
Hey big j, got the hogans, got well looked after. Fitting lessons and the pro said hit them for a bit then come back for more tuning. I liked the gc's but the hogans just felt softer and were cheaper! Hit the 6 and 8 at the range and love them.

There may be cheaper set out there but the back up and knowledge from getting them of my local pro is worth a lot to my game at the moment. Can't wait for the weekend.

Cheers t

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Hey big j, got the hogans, got well looked after. Fitting lessons and the pro said hit them for a bit then come back for more tuning. I liked the gc's but the hogans just felt softer and were cheaper! Hit the 6 and 8 at the range and love them.

There may be cheaper set out there but the back up and knowledge from getting them of my local pro is worth a lot to my game at the moment. Can't wait for the weekend.

Cheers t
I think you made a great choice! Those sticks will treat you well for years to come and not only are they good beginner sticks, they will treat you well as you improve also!

Glad you found this forum!

Members online

No members online now.