• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Geezer Balls?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've been playing D2+ feel balls this year and really like them based on this thread. I found a brand new Noodle Long & Soft the other day and played it. I was crushing it with the driver. Might try some of those after I'm out of my five boxes of D2's.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I bought some Callaway Superhot 55 Golf balls from Costco. Get decent reviews online. Will report back how they do.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I still enjoy playing with other people's balls. (Woops! That could be read a little different that it is meant!!;)) We still find oodles of balls on the course. I'm back playing ProV's... all found balls. Have egg cartons with pristine NXT Tour, Velocity, and ProV Titleists. Now up to three 5-gallon buckets of playable balls. Have a fairly large basket of pristine Nike, Bridgestone, etc. that I can go to if the Titleists ever run out. Still prefer a ball that will react well around the greens. Our small greens simply do not tolerate chipping with a rock-hard ball.

Almost every manufacturer has a good low-compression ball designed for slower swing speeds. No matter what the name on the ball, you still have to put a club on the back of it for it to work.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I've been playing D2+ feel balls this year and really like them based on this thread. I found a brand new Noodle Long & Soft the other day and played it. I was crushing it with the driver. Might try some of those after I'm out of my five boxes of D2's.
D2 Feel is in my bag too.

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
I still enjoy playing with other people's balls. (Woops! That could be read a little different that it is meant!!;)) We still find oodles of balls on the course. I'm back playing ProV's... all found balls. Have egg cartons with pristine NXT Tour, Velocity, and ProV Titleists. Now up to three 5-gallon buckets of playable balls. Have a fairly large basket of pristine Nike, Bridgestone, etc. that I can go to if the Titleists ever run out. Still prefer a ball that will react well around the greens. Our small greens simply do not tolerate chipping with a rock-hard ball.

Almost every manufacturer has a good low-compression ball designed for slower swing speeds. No matter what the name on the ball, you still have to put a club on the back of it for it to work.
....and eventually you still have to putt......

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country

Jeez, Limp. Stay out of the weeds before you get snake bit or eaten by an alligator.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Jeez, Limp. Stay out of the weeds before you get snake bit or eaten by an alligator.
Snakes are our friends. They eat bugs/mosquitos. Biggest problem in our "weeds" is ticks and poison ivy. The urban coyotes are becoming a dangerous menace in larger metro areas. Out here, all they do is steal a cat or puppy now and then. Playing on our course, we've seen bobcats, coyotes, possums, raccoons, skunks, deer, geese, turkey, muskrats, fox, and probably been watched by other animals we haven't seen.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No gators in Kansas, but he could get snake bit or abducted by coyotes..............but returned to his beloved Mrs. Limp shortly thereafter. ;);)
Worth a lot more to her dead than alive. She's probably buy doggie treats for the coyotes if they abducted me and returned me in multiple pieces!!

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Snakes are our friends. They eat bugs/mosquitos. Biggest problem in our "weeds" is ticks and poison ivy. The urban coyotes are becoming a dangerous menace in larger metro areas. Out here, all they do is steal a cat or puppy now and then. Playing on our course, we've seen bobcats, coyotes, possums, raccoons, skunks, deer, geese, turkey, muskrats, fox, and probably been watched by other animals we haven't seen.

Let's not even go down the road of animals in urban areas or golf courses.
I've lost balls on cliffs where you could see Nurse Shark fins at the bottom hehehehe

Australia is quite a funny place indeed....

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
And Dicks has them right now for $9 a 15 pack.
Top Flite D2+ Feel Golf Balls - 15-Pack
Dicks is running a deal at the moment on the D2 Feel. They more you buy, the cheaper they get. 5+ 15 packs, just $9.99 per pack. Bought six in preparation for my annual golf attempt in April. Still have a bunch of my Strata Tour TL’s but my game has regressed to the point that they are hurting me more than they are helping me.

Day glo yellow so I can find them when they go astray. :D

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Dicks is running a deal at the moment on the D2 Feel. They more you buy, the cheaper they get. 5+ 15 packs, just $9.99 per pack. Bought six in preparation for my annual golf attempt in April. Still have a bunch of my Strata Tour TL’s but my game has regressed to the point that they are hurting me more than they are helping me.

Day glo yellow so I can find them when they go astray. :D
I'm still on my first 15 pack. These might last me all year.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online