• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Get rid of Spam

dknisle1

Jan 25, 2014
Please. For the love of golf. Please get rid of the spam. Every morning it's something different.

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014
It's like they come in waves. I won't see much for a while but then all the sudden thread get flooded with it. I think they do a pretty good job of getting taking them down in s timely manner.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Believe it or not, the auto-spam detectors are doing a hell of a job already, but they can't catch everything.

It typically comes when the US is asleep (i.e. it's coming from India and Pakistan). I've requested some help from the owner so bear with us, click the report button if you see spam, and one of the moderators will take care of it.

Thanks for your patience.

OP
dknisle1

dknisle1

Jan 25, 2014
It was by no means a shot at the owner. This morning there were at least 6 posts. Do they think we are really going to click on the links or something? Lol. They do get taken down very quickly an I thank you for that. I was just grumpy this morning. Lol

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
It was by no means a shot at the owner. This morning there were at least 6 posts. Do they think we are really going to click on the links or something? Lol. They do get taken down very quickly an I thank you for that. I was just grumpy this morning. Lol
They count on people doing just that and they get a few.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online