• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Getting Back

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Okay gentleman,

I'm back. And getting back. Here's the thing...I know I'd like a new driver, and I'm happy with the rest of the bag. Currently have the FT-i and Sumo. Dating myself I know.

Recommendations? I've been looking at the Rogue. But not sure what may be solid. For those who don't know, I hit straight or slight draw consistently, typically bewteen 285-300.

Let's hear your thoughts!

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Holy crap it's Jeff! Welcome back.

I'd look at callawaypreowned.com first, since the Rogues are still like $400 and probably no better than the Great Big Berthas.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Nice to see you are still alive. Nothing wrong with taking a sabbatical every now and then.;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Is it a ghost? Does reincarnation actually happen? It's JEFF!!!! Wow! Good to see you back!!

I second Tea's comment about Callaway Preowned. They have an excellent return policy if you are disappointed. And, their stuff almost always exceeds the condition rating.

The Rogue has rec'd excellent reviews. Yet, there is nothing wrong with some of the slightly older Callaway drivers. I have really enjoyed the XR16.
The current driver receiving the most accolades is the Ping G400 Max. It's even being seen on Tour in bags that aren't sponsored by Ping. But, they are super expensive. Wait a year and they should come down a little.

How are you and the family? Hope you've been doing well. Shoot! As long as it's been since we've heard from you, you're probably retired and shopping for nursing homes. Re the driver, you'll probably be looking at a Senior flex shaft!!!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
It may be a case of “if it ain’t broke.” Driver distance has been maxed out for a while and the two you mention are renowned fairway finders.

Heck Mark Wahlberg still games the FTi.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1526592516.533126.jpg

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Thanks for the replies guys!

Family has been good, plugging along. I've finished my masters, almost done with the PhD, boy's getting close to middle school, I'm working in health now. It's all pretty crazy haha.

Let me ask this...would those drivers still be tournament eligible? I'm less familiar with rule changes over the past few years.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Also, if not a Rogue because of cost, what's a pretty decent choice that's still newer? The 8.5 on the FT-i is still a fine loft, just debating consolidating and getting a little modern for fun.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Welcome Back Jeff! I actually forgot all about you - nothing personal, just geezer-ism.

Give a look at the PING G400 or G400 Max. It's a REALLY good driver.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Hey Jeff! Good to hear from you. Still endangering your life riding bikes? Read my review on the Cobra King LTD. Awesome.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I'm still rocking a Geek DCT...so I think you're still a few years newer than me.

I have no suggestions. I'm not much of an equipment whore, I can't hit the clubs I have, let alone new ones.

Great to have you back dude. BTW - if all goes well this weekend, I'll buy purchasing a '12 Ducati 848.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.