• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GigaGolf.com: Sorry To Bring This Up

Vizual

Jul 14, 2008
I know Clones are not the best topic to talk about but I just want to know before I buy them is it worth it. If i dont like them I can return them; I am not worried about that I am worried about just wasting my time. I have looked at the Customer Reviews at Giga and they are all 5 out of 5. Too good to be true if you ask me. I just dont want to be conned into buying these crap clubs if there are even crap. What are your opinions?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH class=label>Store Rating

Overall Rating Summary
</TH><TH>Past
Week</TH><TH>Past
Month</TH><TH>Past 3
Months</TH></TR><TR><TD class=label>
aimg.bizrate.com_site_smiley_green_24x23.gif
Positive</TD><TD>97%</TD><TD>97%</TD><TD>95%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=label>
aimg.bizrate.com_site_smiley_yellow_24x23.gif
Neutral</TD><TD>3%</TD><TD>2%</TD><TD>3%</TD></TR><TR><TD class="label bottomcell">
aimg.bizrate.com_site_smiley_red_24x23.gif
Negative</TD><TD class=bottomcell>—</TD><TD class=bottomcell>1%</TD><TD class=bottomcell>2%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Doesn't look like too many people had bad experiences with them. And if you can get your money back?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I think you can do better - golfworks and hireko offer custom built clubs with more options. Golfworks also offers a playability guarantee. hireko's prices are so low that you can probably afford to just have a single iron built to demo - if it doesn't work out for you, you're not out much cash

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Clones (and reviews of clones) are for people who are underfunded and have absolutely no idea what they are doing... no offense. ;)

Underfunding is an affliction that affects many of us which is why the more savvy buy USED pro line gear....not to beat a dead horse but have a look at the stuff in the proshop link at the top of the page before you pull the trigger on clones.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Depending on shafts used, your level of expertise, and fitting to your swing... clones may play just as well as OEM's. However...

1. Plan on "owning" them. Yes, in the past couple of years, no clubs hold resale really well. But, Pings and Callaways... and certain Titty's... do hold resale quite well. If you do have problem... or want to do some tweaking... you can at least realize some trade value from the top OEM's. You will not find anyone willing to put any money in your used clones.

2. Get a copy of the "fine print" of the return policy. There could be significant restock charges or service charges that would come close to equaling your investment.

3. "It's the indian... not the arrow!" How often do we hear that comment. Yet, this game is 90% mental and the other 10% all in your head. Again, the clones may equal... quality wise... the comparable OEM. But, there is no guarantee that YOU will hit each and every shot cleanly and effectively. How often, when YOU miss a shot, will your mind say "If I'd only sprung for 'real' clubs and not these cheapies!" The psychological effect of a clone can be detrimental to your game.

4. As another poster pointed out, there are great bargains on recently discontinued OEM models... current OEM models (Callaway just took a price cut today)... and lots of bargains on excellent used OEM's. I would much rather have a good set of Eye 2's or X-16's or 735's or .... than a set of clones, especially if I could buy them at close to the same price as clones.

Just my .02!!!

Skiddlydiddly

Jul 17, 2007
I'm planning to upgrade from my beginner set by building my own clubs from components. I've already bought the components to make a set of wedges for myself in the fall.

It's one option for saving money, and you'd potentially end up with brand new clubs that perform as well as the big OEM's, instead of just looking like them.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I agree that for the average beginner a cheaper used set of pro line clubs is the way to go, if you can find a cheap set of shovels.

For someone who can and wants to build their own sticks, the Acer stuff from hireko is a cheap and fun way to experiment.

Some of the other clones are garbage. But funny garbage. I get a kick out of reading some of the names: Big Bursar is one of my faves. If I could find some that said Big Burrito I'd probably buy them. :D

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Buy them, write us a review. So far i have yet to hear anyone who has actually bought GigaGolf clubs have a problem with them or dislike the clubs for the price they paid...

I am probably going to buy some random clubs from them on the cheap just to see if they might have some decent stuff.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
did you give them a chance to fix it?

thats not a shotty club, its shotty club building...Something like this could possibly happen to any club. Assemble any of the top $500 brand name club on the market this way and they would react the same way. If the company didnt stand behind something like that i would agree with you that they are a shotty company and should be dealt with as such. However, if you didnt give them the chance, then your experience isnt valuable to me.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
they sent me their C9 hybrid instead of the hybrid that was defective (crooked hosel)- I really liked the look of the new club, but it's performance was lousy - I wound up pulling that shaft and using it in the SMT head I have in my bag - The shaft fits me just fine as I'm getting 200 yrds out of a 26* hybrid, but couldn't get 180 consistently out of the C9 21* hybrid
the exchange took a while too. This was one of the first clubs I ho'd when I got back into golf - I've since purchased a lot more stuff and would recommend the good service at several other places before gigagolf
myostrich, golfworks, golfsmith, myclubmaker, and hireko just to name a few

Members online

No members online now.