• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf balls

cebse

Aug 2, 2005
Being new to the game I know that you must use a good ball. But what in your opinion is the best, or maybe the most value for your money.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Just starting out you will lose a lot of them so try the titleist dt solo or precept laddie. Both should be a little more than $20 per dozen and they will work for you.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yep, the Laddie is a great buy.

I've heard mixed reviews about the HX Hot, but if you're just starting out, it would be a decent pickup as well.

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
My recommendation, as someone who wastes a lot of money on balls...use whatever's cheapest and faget-abbud-it.

Jay McNasty

High Altitude Hacker
Aug 22, 2005
And Mojo Remix is the prettiest of them all.

I'll echo what others said, get some cheapies until you're confident that you won't be knocking half a dozen, or more in my case :eek: , into the drink every round.

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Dave Ireland said:
Oh aye Rock ... we've an awful lot to thank Brazil for ...:D

Ha! you've been reading those magazines again, eh?

repeat after me..

"Hail Mary, full of grace..."

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
Ha! you've been reading those magazines again, eh?

repeat after me..

"Hail Mary, full of grace..."

lol..... Yep Kilted how times have changed .. back in the 70's they had a thatch on them like a burst mattress ...

shaun

Toyota Tech
Jul 25, 2005
Silver said:
My recommendation, as someone who wastes a lot of money on balls...use whatever's cheapest and faget-abbud-it.

I agree, you can buy a 48 count bag of used balls for like $20 at wal-mart, sometimes you'll find some good ones in there too.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Try www.golfballs101.com

Good reviews with ratings for most of the common golf balls available.

Personally, I seek out the least expensive ball that has good feel without sacraficing distance. I have been playing Top Flite Buttery Feels for a while, but they have been discontinued. Titleist sent me 2 NXT's to try the other week, and while they are good balls, they are very similar to the TF's I was already playing with no appreciable gains and in some cases performed a little worse. $15 for 15 Infinities. $24 for 12 NXTs. No brainer from where I am sitting.

I have found some discontinued Strata's for $12 a dozen and will be trying those, but obviously that supply will be exhausted with no further supply available.

One ball that I have only played when I found one on the course was the Pinnacle Exception. Wonderful golf ball, but I am still seeking a little bit of a lower price and have some time until my Stratas run out. Anyone know where you can get some Pinnacle Exceptions cheap?

OP
C

cebse

Aug 2, 2005
Im not really loosing many balls and thanks for all the replys im just wanted to know which are the best worst as the names don't really mean much to me outside of either nike titelist or top flight.
thanks again

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.