• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf books

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
For various reasons I will not discuss here, I am in need of a golf book or two to read over the next few days. I wanted Knudson's Natural Golf Swing, but my local B&N is out of stock so I have to order it. They do have Golf is Not a Game of Perfect and also Penick's Little Red Book, though.

Please recommend your favorites and I will check to see if my store has them in stock.

saki

Jan 25, 2009
Mike

I guess you are a Canadian. George Knudson came the closest to emulating Ben Hogan's swing than any other tour player, which is why Hogan admired his swing so much. That would be a great read. Perhaps your book store has these by the other two authors mentioned.

Golf is a Game of Confidence by Dr Bob Rotella

If You Play Golf You're My Friend by Harvey Penick

Golf for a Lifetime by Harvey Penick

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I'd choose "Golf is Not a Game of Perfect" by Rotella over Penick's Red Book every day of the week.

"...Not a game of perfect" should be required reading for anyone planning on playing golf more than once a month.

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Canadian? You bastard... LOL

not a game of perfect it is then, thanks fellers.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Durning the winter months when not much golf is being played, it gives me a lot of free time to read. I have enjoyed a lot of really good reading over the past couple years. Some books had a lot of helpful information and just as many tips. Others were just fun to read. I am currently reading Hogan's Five Lessons and as everyone has said, its a great book and has tons of info in it for such a short book. Some of my other favorites include;
- Penick's Little Red Book
- Golf the Nicklaus Way
- Chicken Soup for the Golfer's Soul
- Pelz's Short Game & Putting Bibles (love'em or hate'em they were good)
- The Inner Game of Golf

I also have an extensive collection of Golf Course Maintenance text books (from school) that cover anything you could possibly think of, but not so much playing the game.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
If you don't mind biographies, I'd suggest:

Ben Hogan: An American Life by James Dodson

and

Tommy's Honor by Kevin Cook

Both are very good reads.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.