• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf.com Gallery: Being Tiger in Younger Days

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Tiger Woods in 2000.​
TIGER WOODS TURNS 39 ON December 30. It seems like an old 39 to me, but I realize that 39 isn't that old. It's just that Tiger has been around forever, in a sense. He broke into the professional golf ranks at age 20, and it's not like we didn't know about him before that.

Tiger didn't play much golf in 2014, but that didn't stop the media mill from churning out copious material on the greatest golfer of this era. I've lost track of the comebacks from injuries, the swing coaches (four?), the controversies, the rumors, the uncomfortable press conferences and the "is what it is's."

But Golf.com reminded me of the kid who picked up a golf club when he first started walking around in Cypress, California. Their photo gallery shows a Tiger that I can barely remember. He was young. He was skinny. And he had a big smile on his face much of the time.

Remember those days?

Since turning pro Tiger has been on the cover of Sports Illustrated 22 times. As the SI cover shown above said, he was "one cool cat."

Why kind of cat will he be at 39?

View the Golf.com photo gallery of Tiger Woods in younger days.

Source: Golf.com Gallery: Being Tiger in Younger Days

🔥 Latest posts