• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Digest: '11 Top Sleepers to Watch'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
IN "BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE Sundance Kid," Butch (Paul Newman) and Sundance (Robert Redford) kept saying, "Who are those guys?" That line reminds me of the PGA Tour, those homogeneous players in the pack who have never won or maybe even had a sniff of a top 10 finish. But new accomplished players do emerge, don't they? When I looked at my "Who Are Those Guys?" series from a few years back I saw (among others) these names: Gary Woodland, Keegan Bradley and Jonas Blixt.

Golf Digest has published its 11 top sleepers to watch on the PGA Tour during the 2014-15 season. What is Golf Digest's definition of a sleeper? The magazine said: "We define a sleeper as a player who has never won on the PGA Tour or qualified for the Tour Championship."

The names on its sleepers list are Justin Thomas, Carlos Ortiz, Brian Stuard, Daniel Summerhays, William McGirt, Brook Koepka, Tony Finau, Zachary Blair, Hudson Swafford, Russell Knox and Alan Hadwin.

[Golf Digest Slide Show: PGA Tour: 11 Top Sleepers To Watch]

They're certainly not household names. Not yet at least. But neither were Jimmy Walker and Hideki Matsuyama. And the magazine predicted "big things" for those two. We'll be watching.

Source: Golf Digest: '11 Top Sleepers to Watch'

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.