• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Equipment Rant

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Dearest IG,

You play golf on one of the true hallowed links of golf, Portstewart. Unfvck yourself and throw the brush tees in the bin as the spirit of Old Tom views that as an aberration to what is good and proper on the links. Go with a sand tee and you will find the lost distance.

Don't d!ck with your putter and continue to use game improvement equipment to make it as easy as possible to navigate the rugged links of Portstewart.

Also, ditch the Euro Skinny pants as you will find your bollocks start to swell with your newfound game. A constrained scrotum will no doubt affect your swing.

Warm regards from the other side of the pond,
Subsonic-san

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Dear SS,
I have played a set of Mizuno MP-9's for 30 years. I have worn dime-sized cavities in the face of each iron. Since this wear has been gradual, I've been able to compensate for it. Now, the 2-iron is looking like I will soon see through the club where the dime-sized cavity is deepest. I don't want to give up this fine set of players blades. They just don't make 'em like they used to. My fear is that less exacting blades would allow my swing to get "lazy" and my 12 handicap would grow to an intolerable 15 or so. What do you recommend to fill the face cavities on my irons? Can I uses something like JB Weld or Liquid Nails?? How long would the fill have to set before playing? Could a machine shop cut new grooves through the fill material?

Thanks for your assistance...

I. M. Peculiar

Dearest I.M.

JB WELD FTMFW!

I would recommend a set of Eye2s if you are concerned about wear. The Timex of the Golf world! Take a lickin and keep on tickin! I see you will be a 12 handicap in no time!

All my best,
Sub(no time for wear)Sonic-san

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Dearest I.M.

JB WELD FTMFW!

I would recommend a set of Eye2s if you are concerned about wear. The Timex of the Golf world! Take a lickin and keep on tickin! I see you will be a 12 handicap in no time!

All my best,
Sub(no time for wear)Sonic-san
Thanks for the suggestion. Guess I will no longer be asking you for advice. Did not understand that you promote clubs for us players that are nothing but game improvement clubs for rank amateurs. Eye 2 irons... for that matter any Ping junk... is manufactured for the masses. The consistency of my swing is entirely too important to me to play cheap game improvement cavity back irons. 99% of golfers would play so much better with forged blades if they would try them. I will try to find someone who gives good advice from now on. That is most certainly not you!!!!

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion. Guess I will no longer be asking you for advice. Did not understand that you promote clubs for us players that are nothing but game improvement clubs for rank amateurs. Eye 2 irons... for that matter any Ping junk... is manufactured for the masses. The consistency of my swing is entirely too important to me to play cheap game improvement cavity back irons. 99% of golfers would play so much better with forged blades if they would try them. I will try to find someone who gives good advice from now on. That is most certainly not you!!!!

The Truth hurts.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The Truth hurts.
OMG! I'm going to make you so sorry for this! I AM one of the best players at my exclusive Country Club. If you don't believe it just ask me!!! I'll show you. Going to Facebook and post a rant about your advice there. I have over a million followers, though only 29 show up on my page. I'll ruin you! SMH

:D:D

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
OMG! I'm going to make you so sorry for this! I AM one of the best players at my exclusive Country Club. If you don't believe it just ask me!!! I'll show you. Going to Facebook and post a rant about your advice there. I have over a million followers, though only 29 show up on my page. I'll ruin you! SMH

:D:D

There only 29 people in Kansas, so you have great market presence! Take it to Twitter. FB is so 5 minutes ago.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
There only 29 people in Kansas, so you have great market presence! Take it to Twitter. FB is so 5 minutes ago.
You know nothing. The town I grew up in had 30 residents. Lady up the street had 7 kids with 6 different last names. None of the fathers lived in our town. So, there has to be more than 29 here. If I ever leave the basement and go outside, I know I'll see a few more. Right now, the wife brings me Cheetos and Ginger Ale and I'm happy.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Dear SS
Raking bunkers is for posers. I'm thinking that using this new wedge I can kill two birds with one club. What say you?

sandRakeAdvert_med.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Dear SS
Raking bunkers is for posers. I'm thinking that using this new wedge I can kill two birds with one club. What say you?

sandRakeAdvert_med.jpg
"PnP" golf. I remember Paul and Paula. Must have retired from being singing sensations and went in the club making business. Gotta have some!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
If you hadn't noticed, our course is closed today for a tourney. So, stuck at home waiting on the carpet cleaners to arrive. When you are retired and the golf course is closed, you spend time between naps posting on a golf discussion board. Life is good!:D:D

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Dear SS

sandRakeAdvert_med.jpg

Dear AZ,

That is a perfect club! Blast out of a bunker and rake in the same swing. No wasted motion. This club is efficient and will speed play. A most wise choice.

PnP is a fine brand. It used to be known by it's full name: Pimps N Playaz, but the PC police forced a change. The question is: Which are you?

Pimps Up, Ho's down,
Subsonic-san

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
"PnP" golf. I remember Paul and Paula. Must have retired from being singing sensations and went in the club making business. Gotta have some!!!

One of my favorite jams for the reel to reel. I usually place this before I get to work.

OP
subsonic

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Dear Sub5onic,

I'm a plus-cap and only play against pros for Benjamins while my smokin' hot cart babes cut my Cuban cigars (when we're not having orgies). My question is: Could I possibly get any awesomer?

Regards,
Sol Adoni

Dearest Sol,

It has been a long time my friend. You are truly living the dream.

The only way it could get better for you is if you incorporated a PnP SW into your bag since you are both a Pimp and a Playa.

Make sure to wear your jimmy hat!

Stay thirsty my friend,
Sub5onic-san

🔥 Latest posts