• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Glove poll - wear one or not?

Wear a golf glove (when playing golf)?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
United States United States
When I can play I have to wear a glove, I suffer from excruciating pain in all my joints so I need help holding on to the club without having to grip it so tight.

If I play in a group I will take it off to putt but if I am out playing by myself I speed golf so I leave it on while putting.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I voted no because most of the time I don't. I will wear one during the hot part of the summer though. Those Bender loves are very nice. It's what I use. Of course it helps that they sponsor our chapter of the MGA.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Wear one at all times when golfing. Driving, fairway woods hybrids, irons, wedges, and putter. I have been wearing Bionic golf gloves since I received a sample at the PGA Metchandise show 10 or so years ago. Additionally, I tape some key spots on my right hand for better grip/preventive measures.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Yes. It helps keep the club grip perfectly in place in the hand. Gripping the club properly is one of the set up fundamentals.

I do remove it to putt. Same old, same old reason. I get better feel when putting.

I remove it for pitching and chipping around the green also.

Oh, and I do put tape around a couple of the fingers of my right hand.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Spent many years not wearing a golf glove. The past 15, or so, I do wear one. Somehow got in the habit and now seen unable to play without one. I do believe much of my issue is with the arthritis in my hands. I have lost significant ability to close a fist and the golf glove assists with keeping a grip on the club. Take away my golf glove and you are likely to be dodging irons as they fly through the air!!!! :>)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
When I played, I wore one tee to approach shot, then putted without. Worked for me.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
For you guys who remove your glove to putt..... Taking time to do so would extend our 1 hour, 59 minute 18-hole round to 2 hours, 12 minutes. Totally and completely uncalled for!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
Been playing so long (over 50 years) with one, it’s just part of the whole thing for me...take it off to putt...no idea why...and while we are on gloves, I have found the 5 dollar Wilson gloves from Walmart are just as good as any glove out there...got a buddy who pays 19 clams for his high end glove - makes me snicker...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I know some really good players who don't wear one but it makes me feel like I can keep a light grip without losing the club. Probably just mental. I don't take it off to putt. Can't tell the difference in putting with it on or off. My hands don't sweat much but I can understand not wearing one because of that.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I do wear one, but it comes off on the green. And sometimes for chips around the green, usually when I first considered putting then decided on a chip. Just too lazy to bother getting it back on.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online