• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf in HD

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Just finally upgraded to a Sony LCD and Sky HD, and SOME golf is awesome, truly fabulous to watch.

But the variability of the broadcasts is getting to me, both from the PGA and European our. Todays Malaysia Open seemed like just normal TV, not 1080, so why stick these on HD channels when the broadcast are no better than standard? Pebble Beech was awesome, and ever since they haven't replicated that broadcast

annoying

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
not everything is produced with HD hardware. for example, i don't think i've seen a Champions tour event in HD, but of course it'll still be on the Golf Channel. i guess there's only enough cameras for the PGA and WGC events, and 1 or 2 major LPGA events

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
I felt jipped Myself until I learned that. Some tourneys you'll get a mix of HD and Non on NBC and very rarely are LPGA in HD. They don't tell you that until AFTER you buy and complain.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
yep, very poor

Pebble Beech was on when I got the gear, I cried it was so good and told the wife sex is no longer necessary, and then low and behold its been shit ever since, and sex has been withdrawn

its a rip off

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
yep, very poor

Pebble Beech was on when I got the gear, I cried it was so good and told the wife sex is no longer necessary, and then low and behold its been shit ever since, and sex has been withdrawn

its a rip off

The Masters is just around the corner in all of its' splendiferous glory, although Spring may be coming a bit late to the Southland, as my azaleas and dogwoods are just beginning to bloom. The Lords of Augusta may have to turn on the sunlamps a wee bit.

Until then, just pull your pud, if you can find it. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.