• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf is dead - at least for the next few weeks

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
"Here Comes Johnny
With his pecker in his hand
He's a one ball man
And he's off to the rodeo"

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Newsflash, golfers can now go back to playing golf in England from 13th May, but not in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. Golfers in the South of Ireland can play from 18th May. Interestingly, the South of Ireland and Northern Ireland have the same “all island” Golfing Union governing body. But it comes down to local government giving the green light. And Northern Ireland is still giving the “stay at home” advice. So, I’m still no clearer as to when I can get a game. My guess is still sometime in 2020.

You could write a book on this fiasco!!

51 days without playing golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
United States United States
Kern County in central California never closed...Ive been off work since 3/25 and am scheduled back May 18...Ive played 504 holes and have 72 to go...

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Ontario has entered phase 2 of the provincial reopening. Or at least some areas are giving the green light. I’m going to continue with the mind set of better safe than sorry right now. Especially with my three small children! I’d absolutely love to be out playing, courses have been allowed to open with precautions in place of course... I’m just going to continue and wait this out!

🔥 Latest posts