• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golfworld: Poland's 'Greatest-Ever Golfer' Is 6 Foot 6 and Trying to Make It on the...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images
"Golf isn't a big deal in Poland," wrote Golfworld's John Huggan.

But Huggan also noted that's changing as tall countryman Adrian Meronk is progressing in the pro-tour ranks.

Here's an excerpt:

Golf in Poland is growing, the number of golfers more than doubling in the last decade to nearly 5,700 in 2018 (out of a total population of 37.8 million). And Adrian Meronk is helping lead the way. Completing a series of precedent-setting achievements on his way around professional golf's increasingly sharp learning curve, the 27-year-old former East Tennessee State student is the first card-holding Polish native on the European Tour. Also first to play in a European Tour event and win on the Challenge Tour, Meronk graduated fifth from the Old World's second circuit at the end of 2019. He is, by a distance and to the surprise of no one, Poland's greatest-ever golfer.

As you'd expect, that last accolade makes him laugh. But the distance between Meronk and his compatriots continues to grow. Victory in the 2019 Portugal Open—one of his 10 top-10s on the Challenge Tour last year—is a career highlight so far, but there have been others on the upward trajectory this 6-foot-6 big man has followed.

Meronk was an alternate for this week's Scottish Open.

In the Golfworld story, Meronk described what it's like to blaze the golf trail:

"My friends did think I was a little bit odd. I played almost every sport, but I was the only one who played golf. So that was a shock for them. I think it still is. When people at home ask me what I do for a living, and I tell them, it is always a surprise for them. I;m still a bit of an oddity, something I'm trying to change."

Read the story.

Source: Golfworld: Poland's 'Greatest-Ever Golfer' Is 6 Foot 6 and Trying to Make It on the European Tour

🔥 Latest posts