• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good Bra's

Jenny

May 22, 2010
Nevermind

never mind. i see it's mostly men posting in this forum, lol. not sure you'd have the best advice for that sort of thing =)

Kumabjorn

Oct 30, 2009
Re: Nevermind

Actually, in Japan Wacoal has a series of sportsbras adapted for different sports. The one for golf flattens out to the outer side of the body in order to facilitate a good body turn. Alas, of its availability in the US I - as a guy of the male gender - know nothing.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

Don't underestimate us Jenny. We're only mere males but sometimes we have a spark of a thought in our vacuous cranium.

My g.f. plays golf. What was your question?

OP
J

Jenny

May 22, 2010

LOL OK.
Well, the "ladies" do get in the way of my swing a lot unless I am wearing a bra that minimizes them a ton. I am tempted to duct tape them when I play golf!
But the 1st reply gives me a great idea to see if there are any bra's specifically designed for golf, which it looks like there is.

So, gee, looks like you guys were helpful after all =)

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

LOL OK.
Well, the "ladies" do get in the way of my swing a lot unless I am wearing a bra that minimizes them a ton. I am tempted to duct tape them when I play golf!
But the 1st reply gives me a great idea to see if there are any bra's specifically designed for golf, which it looks like there is.

So, gee, looks like you guys were helpful after all =)

Hmm, don't have quite the same problem as you in this area. For me it's more my stomach that gets in the way! :wink: hadn't thought of duct tape though. I absolutlely refuse to wear a gurdle!

OP
J

Jenny

May 22, 2010

Hmm, don't have quite the same problem as you in this area. For me it's more my stomach that gets in the way! :wink: hadn't thought of duct tape though. I absolutlely refuse to wear a gurdle!

See to me, having a big tummy would be an easier problem to deal with... with a big chest it's ackward.. you either rest your arms on top of 'em or to the side. I have short arms, too, so that doesn't help either.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

Jenny, I think with all of the talk about bras & 'stuff' this thread is about to become the most popular of 2010. ;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States

This thread is bound to have more hits than any so far this year!!! Shoot! This forum is frequented by a bunch of us dirty old men. When we see a thread title that includes the word "bra", we suddenly are way more interested in that discussion than fairway woods and putters. Some of us, myself included, would be much better qualified to be chasing similarly aged ladies around the nursing home than thinking we are gonna be able to offer helpful advice to a lady who plays golf. That fact, however, does not keep us from clicking on such a thread... because we are still males!!!

Hopefully, the UnderArmor link one of the helpful gentlemen on ShotTalk recommended will assist. Whether it does or not, we welcome you posting on the forum. Seems every now and then we have a token lady drop by for a visit. But, once they find how boring a group we are, they go find better company elsewhere. If you have other ladies who you know that enjoy the great game of golf, invite them over. It would be great to see some constant and consistent activity from some female members of ShotTalk. We also, from time to time, need someone to do the dishes, vacuum, mow the lawn, and cook dinner... you know, those things we keep ladies around for.:wink::wink: (And, please never give this forum link to my beautiful wife of 44 years or I'm in deep doodoo!!!)

Thanks again for stopping by!!!

Kumabjorn

Oct 30, 2009

When I was a junior golfer - eons ago - the "gentlemen" golfers of the Club refered to one female member as "Top Shelf". She used the technique of resting her arms to the side. Her long game suffered because of this, however she probably had one of the best short games on the Club, because she squeezed in a bit when chipping and putting and that gave her a very very consistent stroke. With strides in understanding the golf swing, I would assume an "on the top" setup for long shots, using a One Plane Swing should be the optimal approach.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007

Someone has to say it, and the special smiley face has vanished. But this thread is worthless without pics !!!!!!

Having gotten that out of the way, SWMBO, my other half, is rather well blessed, (built in flotation devices). She doesn't play that much golf, in spite of my begging her to come out occasionally. But she has the best luck squezzing them together, (making clevage).

Just my .02 worth.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

I think post # 8 hit the nail on the head. Congrats Jenny. No newbie has stimulated our discussion to this length. :biggrin:

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa

Jenny-

Two pieces of input for you...

#1 - As a clubfitter, I work with women golfers all the time and on occasion, we oten have to fit around the "Mammalian Protuberances", which is not a problem, women, especially those who have played prior to development, seemed to have gradually adopt a flatter swing plane. Which requires the clubs be bent accordingly.

#2 - I am unaware of a bra specifically for golf, but most sports bras seem to work well. My wife uses sports bras from UA, Nike and I believe she said she recently got some real nice, inexpensive ones from the Hanes catalog.

OP
J

Jenny

May 22, 2010

Very entertaining thread so far.

Pictures? Hmm...

awww.techdigest.tv_facebook_daily_hunk.gif

This should scare everyone away =) Muahahha.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online