1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Google Earth Photos....

Discussion in 'Golf Pictures' started by usa1950, Oct 6, 2007.

1. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the Swansea one. Hey, what I'd really, really like to do is get together with one of the NY guys and go to Bethpage Black. I'm dying to get on that course. Twofast might have to get a day off of church. :laugh:

We could just get a cheap hotel nearby just to crash for the night and meet up. It's only about 3.5 hrs. from Twofast and I. Shouldn't be much more than that for you either. Super 8 would only be about $20 a piece but someone would have to sleep on the floor. :laugh:

2. usa1950

usa1950 Divots like a 72 Playboy

Crazy hole?

Ezra....

Go back up to the photo you posted from your round with twofast... the photo with the monster hole.

What the hell is the hole in the BOTTOM-LEFT of the photo. It's certainly a 90 degee dogleg hole, but what do you hit off the tee? 9 Iron, then 4 iron to the green?

Obviously, you cut the corner with the driver, and certainly come up short of where the cart path crosses the fairway, but that looks like a crazy hole....

3. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a 396yd. extreme dogleg right. Pic doesn't do it justice, those trees are hanging way out and very tall. I can cut the sharpest 3w you've ever seen but no chance on that hole without getting up over the treeline first. Last round I hit a cut 5 that was pured and perfect. I didn't check my yardage and should have hit 6iron. I tried to hit another cut 5 and pulled it into the lateral hazard. That hole lost the match. Twofast tried to hit his 19* hybrid and clipped the branches, punched out and with 210 in on his 3rd and hit the green with the 19*.

1st time we played there I hoisted a fade driver over everthing into the fairway and had a 9in. That's a risk though, I was setup with my body one way and my clubface the other.

Check out the hole before that in the pic. That's a 229yd. par 3 that sets up draw. That's a tough hole. Now you see why we have trouble getting under 90 here? [​IMG] I should be able to do it no problem playing conservatively but too many holes just beg for some Micklesonesque heroics. lol. This ain't the 116 slope track you can hit driver-wedge from the other fairway.

doglegswansesa.
    doglegswansesa.

4. Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3 Golf Course Designer

Im definately up for that! I think we should somehow get onto the black course and play from the tips! Give this Tiger vs. Me debate a spanking, ill walk back to every PGA tee box they have out there still:D haha.

As soon as I can get an effing car i'll let ya know, that would be a crazy weekend:)

I vote on low 2 scores get the beds!:laugh:

5. usa1950

We played Bethpage Black when we were working out on the Tour through a connection we had at the Senior Tour Event on Long Island. Sick, Sick course. But a LOT of fun. I think I had an 89. We did not play from the tips (the two guys I played with would still be out there if we did) but we played from what would be considered the "blues."

So long even from there. And the walks from green to the next tee box is usually quite a hike......

I'll try to get some GE photos next time I'm online....

6. 5iron

5iron Guest

7. Hitman

Hitman Well-Known Member

Here is my home course (for now anyways), it's about a 1/2 mile away from my house, and it's a 9 hole course. This must be an hold picture, because 2 of the water hazards are not in the picture.

ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b150_Hitman065_Golf_BaumholderCourse.

8. 5iron

5iron Guest

Looks like a nice course Hitman.:)

9. Hitman

Hitman Well-Known Member

I like it, it's not bad for a 9 hole course. As you can see it's very open, good for beginners, or bad depending on how you look at it. I am actually moving next Monday, so I will probably only play this course one more time. I am moving from Baumholder Germany to Ft Sill OK. The nice thing about Ft Sill is there are 2 18 hole courses on post, and 3 18 hole courses in the town of Lawton, just right off post. So as far as golfing goes, there is a little more variety.

10. Scotty01292

Scotty01292 Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......

My first and only eagle... 3rd hole at my home course... Decent drive then holed a pitch with a sand wedge... Hole plays harder than it's length suggests...

[​IMG]

11. bjdrivers

bjdrivers Well-Known Member

I reached the ditch on this long par 5 from the back tees one time. I knew I had cleared 300 but didn't know how much. Google Earth rules.

[​IMG]

12. usa1950

here is wbl's ace.... check it out! At least I think I got the right hole... There is no truth to the rumor that he used a new driver (purchased just an hour before the round). :laugh:

wbl.... do you remember what you hit? Is this the hole? Bryan

warbirdlover's ace.
    warbirdlover's ace.

13. Lil_Huth

Lil_Huth Well-Known Member

Google Earth hates where I live. They have nothing but crappy pics of my home courses. Oh well, not that big of a problem.

14. warbirdlover

warbirdlover Ender of all threads Supporting Member

United States United States
    That's it!! Cool!! :) Used a 6-iron (I don't hit irons long)... Was a "slam dunk". No bounce or roll. Dropped right down the hole and took awhile to realize what happened. :)

15. LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges I've got the pants that'll make you dance! Supporting Member

Australia Australia
    Doesn't show a hell of a lot, but this was my ace.

12th hole at Heywood Golf Club, 212 yards, 22nd January 2005.

Green slopes severely left to right about a full metre.

Nice 4 iron, took 2 bounces, checked up and rolled in.

I must say that Google Earth pictures of Australia suck a*#e in comparison to the US

Hole 12.
    Hole 12.

16. 5iron

5iron Guest

Nice hole in one, Leftyhoges, 212 yards dude with a 4 iron, great job.:laugh:

17. LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges I've got the pants that'll make you dance! Supporting Member

Australia Australia
    Few and far between but one of my better ones :laugh:

18. twogreen

twogreen Well-Known Member

Well, I've never had an ace; and my longest drive is nothing to brag about. I do enjoy playing with Google Earth though. Here is a shot showing the proximity of my house to various spots on the course. If the course had a grocery store, I would never have to leave home. :laugh:

ai43.photobucket.com_albums_e364_silvergto_WoodlandHills.

19. ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi

This is the 14th at my home course. It was a par5 of about 525 yards. It has since been shortened to a Par4 of 412yrds. When it was a Par 5 I holed out a 190 yard 5 iron for an Albatrous or Double Eagle as you fellas across the pond like to call it. The best thing was a group playing the 15th had tee'd of and were collecting there gear when my ball landed in front of them and rolled in they watched it go in the cup then looked up to see where it had been holed from and saw me 190 yards away jumping around like a Looney tune!!! Also it was a 2 for 5 points and put me back in the running for the money!!!

north.
    north.

20. MCDavis

MCDavis The Plaid Duffer Staff Member Moderator

United States United States
    How do you get the pic so clear? It's all fuzzy on my screen (not your pic, my google earth).