• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got hit into

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
Twice by the same guy! The first time was blatant, not waiting long enough on a par 5 blind tee shot, or not driving ahead to see that it was clear, the ball cruised by me like a silent heat seeking missle and landed about 40 yards ahead of me.

the second time, he was hitting over water, and it was just a BAD shot, he knocked it over the next white tee box where we were standing to the tips. Talk about your misses. I was still fuming from the tee ball, and I stood still as the second flyer flew over my head. The dude got an ear shot full, he had it coming. I wasn't really mad about ball #2, but I was real ticked about the tee ball.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Sounds like all of them were accidents...you call it blatantly hitting into you but then go on to say they couldn't see you from the tee box...

IMO you're over-reacting, but I don't know exactly what happened because i'm a bit confused by several of your statements....

Probably need more details

OP
D2Doug

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
wow, well, the guys were on a green paralell to tee box for hole, we'd just tee'd off as they were waiting behind us. It's typical to have to wait on holes at this course often, not waiting more than a minute before you tee it up, sorry, that is blatant. But you guys seem to want to challenge like I'm such a heavy, so just forget it. I could have just said, I got hit into, then hit over by the same guy and left it at that.

you know a long hitter has a responsibility to check his ball flight path, and not hit away on blind shots without knowing the fairway is clear for him, which means, people ON green, not in fairway. wouldn't you agree?

and my name is not Francis.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
wow, well, the guys were on a green paralell to tee box for hole, we'd just tee'd off as they were waiting behind us.

That doesn't make sense to me...how can a green be parallel to a tee box? If they watched you walk over the hill and still hit early, i can understand that...just not sure how the green being parallel to the tee box has anything to do with it.
It's typical to have to wait on holes at this course often, not waiting more than a minute before you tee it up, sorry, that is blatant. But you guys seem to want to challenge like I'm such a heavy, so just forget it. I could have just said, I got hit into, then hit over by the same guy and left it at that.

you know a long hitter has a responsibility to check his ball flight path, and not hit away on blind shots without knowing the fairway is clear for him, which means, people ON green, not in fairway. wouldn't you agree?

and my name is not Francis.

Yes, a long hitter has a responsibility to check his ball flight path to make sure no one is in the way.

I have no idea what 'challenge like I'm a heavy' means...that doesn't make any sense at all...

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Don't mind these guys Francis, you had a right to be mad that you got your tower buzzed. Unless you were that dude in front of me the other day. If you were, then you deserved it.

OP
D2Doug

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
The green was NEXT to the TEE box. The holes run parallel, is that ok numb-nuts?

Just because you guys have a lot of posts, doesn't mean you should belittle others just coming around. Unbelievable, I came here to try and participate, and so far all I have gotten is sh.. I'll stay over at GolfWRX I think.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
The green was NEXT to the TEE box. The holes run parallel, is that ok numb-nuts?

Just because you guys have a lot of posts, doesn't mean you should belittle others just coming around. Unbelievable, I came here to try and participate, and so far all I have gotten is sh.. I'll stay over at GolfWRX I think.

I was just giving you a bit of a ribbing.. didn't even look at your post count ;)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country

All we ask is some thought before typing and enough details to make heads or tails of what you're talking about.

Also, a quick introduction post is greatly appreciated so we can get to know you before you go off on a rant about how people hit into you.

Leave if you wish, however, we are a pretty good bunch of guys. We're easy to get along with if you don't take things too seriously.

OP
D2Doug

D2Doug

Jul 29, 2011
I have to feel like I am part of something, and know someone a bit before I get jousted. As to how I stated things, I thought the basic points were gotten across , if not I apologize for that. You know the original point was, yes, the guy was a dick for hitting into us, but the amazing part was, he hit into me twice on the same hole. how many of you have been hit into by 1 guy twice on 1 hole? I thought it was something of a record, he deserved a medal. It wasn't like I lost sleep over it, you know, except for the ball grazing my hair like that roll of toilet paper the lady throws in that commercial and says, oh to hard! I got over this really quickly. You can't play good golf letting tensions get the best of you. I try to release such quickly. In fact, a guy I shot with the other day had one put in his back pocket so to speak, on a hole the guy could clearly see him on, and the guy just raised hell about it to the dude. I was like man, you made your point, let's shut up and finish the hole, but he had to make a big deal out of it. I didn't do that, I just told the guy, dude, you hit into us back there, we were under the blind hill. That's all I said really.

Sorry for my harsh comment, I Was a little ticked. I suppose it will be up to you guys if I participate, if I feel I can do so without having everything I do criticized, then I might, if not, I'll take it as a sign and move on.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
however, we are a pretty good bunch of guys. We're easy to get along with if you don't take things too seriously.

Really?
You all acted like the children some of you have complained about at "other golf forums."

I'm with doug on this one. Getting hit into sucks. Getting it twice then the guy should be ejected.... Or at least buy the beer and apologize.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.