• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gotta love FREE S*it!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
So a neighbour of my parents kicked her husband out in the spring some time, no one has seen or heard from the guy in months... She proceeded to rid herself of all his so called "junk." She kindly asked my father if I wanted his old snowblower, it hasn't been running in a year.

It's a Craftsman 4hp. 20" track snowblower! So glad we scooped it!!! A snowblower is something I've been saving for, to get one for free was a great thing! I have it at work now and it's apart, have everything free and moving. Just trying to source a few parts... Pics coming!!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1482072545.377161.jpg

A little surprise we found when removing the belly pan. Entire undercarriage was jammed full, with what I believe is a chipmunk nest. Guessing because I removed about a dozen walnuts, that I'm sure came from my parents tree!!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
We stored a guys tracked snow blower for a couple years back when I lived at my parents. That thing was a beast. Super wide, it was a commercial version like 32 or 36" wide...really made short work of our two car wide driveway.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
So a neighbour of my parents kicked her husband out in the spring some time, no one has seen or heard from the guy in months... She proceeded to rid herself of all his so called "junk." She kindly asked my father if I wanted his old snowblower, it hasn't been running in a year.

It's a Craftsman 4hp. 20" track snowblower! So glad we scooped it!!! A snowblower is something I've been saving for, to get one for free was a great thing! I have it at work now and it's apart, have everything free and moving. Just trying to source a few parts... Pics coming!!
Call the police if you find any remains of the missing husband in the machine....

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
This is my honey. It blasts the snow. Best purchase I've ever made in regard to moving snow... I've got the cab for it too.

View attachment 28602

Nice machine WBL... I believe that's the same model I have my eye on at Lowe's if this resurection doesn't work out. I'm close now tho; I have good spark and compression. Just gotta get the carb back together after its bath and see if this monster will roar!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Nice machine WBL... I believe that's the same model I have my eye on at Lowe's if this resurection doesn't work out. I'm close now tho; I have good spark and compression. Just gotta get the carb back together after its bath and see if this monster will roar!!
This is absolutely the best snow blower you could want (if your project doesn't work out). Looked at all the other major brands and this was by far the best bang for the buck.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
It's ALIVE!!! LOL I'm honestly shocked, primed it, choke on at quarter throttle. Three pulls and it sputtered... One more prime and two pulls it was roaring away in the shop!! Success! Does this lil bastard blow snow! Holy crap. We took it out to a snow bank and let it eat into the side. A little 4hp engine really has some muscle.

I loaded it up and brought it home. Go figure, hasn't snowed since!!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
It's ALIVE!!! LOL I'm honestly shocked, primed it, choke on at quarter throttle. Three pulls and it sputtered... One more prime and two pulls it was roaring away in the shop!! Success! Does this lil bastard blow snow! Holy crap. We took it out to a snow bank and let it eat into the side. A little 4hp engine really has some muscle.

I loaded it up and brought it home. Go figure, hasn't snowed since!!
Best way to keep it from snowing is to be totally prepared for snow............

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Best way to keep it from snowing is to be totally prepared for snow............

The weather people are calling for 3-5cm over night, I'm hoping it's more like 10-15, so I can give this thing a nice little test.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The weather people are calling for 3-5cm over night, I'm hoping it's more like 10-15, so I can give this thing a nice little test.
What is this "cm" of which you speak? Is a "cm" the assumed height of a 'Canadian Midget', roughly 3 feet? Is a "cm" the distance from ground to crotch... 'crotch measurement'? We're gonna have to begin using measurements found on the World's yardstick!! :D

Bought an electric snow blower 4 years ago. Should be plenty to clear our "huge" snows down here. Have used it once in those 4 years. That was when we got our last big blizzard that dumped, IIRC, 4 inches on us. We got about 2.5 inches here this week. I was up in South Dakota and we got nothing there. Wife said the City had snowplows running most of the day clearing streets from that gosh-awful 2.5 inches of snow.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Oh, glad the "freebie" worked out for you. That not only saves money, but gives one a real sense of satisfaction when you take someone's "trash" and turn it into a working wonder!!! Way to go!!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.