• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue vs Fujikura Vista Pro

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
United States United States
I have a Vista Pro 55R shaft in my Callaway XR16 driver and it works pretty well. However, I love to tinker and I'm thinking of trying a heavier, higher launching shaft. My research tells me the ProLaunch Blue 65R might work better. Does anyone have any advice for me?
Thanks

Last edited:

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I can't help you with the blue, but I have a Prolaunch Red I'm not very fond of.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Not a fan of the ProLaunch Blue. Low kick and more of a high handicaper's shaft. Look at Mitsubishi shafts. Most all are good. And I hate the Speeder shafts.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No disagreement Jerry. Shafts are very particular bitches. Certainly not one size fits all. I know plenty of guys who don't like the PLB.
One of the big changes us old geezers have seen in our 'golf lifetimes' is the advent of and evolution of graphite shafts. The technology in today's graphite shafts is far advanced over what we could ever have imagined 35 to 40 years ago. That technology, however, has seen the need to match a shaft characteristics with a person's swing idiosyncrasies. We each have developed likes... or dislikes... of a specific shaft due to our own experience with that shaft.
This is where it's fun to read the posts on a particular golf forum where each new release of a graphite shaft is touted as the best thing since sliced bread for EVERY player. Personally, I have always had good experience with Speeder shafts. WBL despises them. I've hated every Graphite Design shaft I've owned. Others swear by them. Also, don't care for the Graffalloy shafts.
What a confusing game we play............

OP
Hoganman1

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
Thanks to you all for your input. I guess I'll try the ProLaunch Blue. By the way, Limpalong; what shaft are you playing in your XR16?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Thanks to you all for your input. I guess I'll try the ProLaunch Blue. By the way, Limpalong; what shaft are you playing in your XR16?
I have the Speeder 565 in the XR16... and it's performed quite well. Have the Mitubishi Fubuki shafts in my fairways and they are okay. Ended up with a Fubuki for the XR16, tried it, and did not like it at all. Lost all sense of what direction the ball would go with the Fubuki in the driver. My Mini 1.5 has the Kuro Kage in it. Funny, but I hit it about as long and as well my driver. I've moved the Kuro Kage over into the XR16 and it will not perform. It's a little shorter, but it just feels entirely different in the XR16. If the Speeder hiccups this season, plan on chopping an inch or so off the driver length Fubuki and seeing if it will work in the XR16.
Why does Titleist give you a plethora of choices of name brand shafts... with no upgrade cost... on their drivers? Why can you order a Callaway driver with optional shafts at no upcharge? This game is 90% mental and the other 10% all in your head. If YOU believe a Brand "X" shaft feels better and performs better for YOU, it will. If you have a shaft that you are not mentally confident in, it will never work. We find those idiosyncrasies by trial and error and by finding something that works with our individual swings.
If you ever saw me swing a club, you'd be light headed and dizzy watching the gyrations I go through getting the clubhead to the ball. Some say I make Jim Furyk look like a ballet dancer. I need a low torque shaft, but one that will frequency where it's soft enough for my 71 year old swing. Experiment. (That's fun!) Don't give a shaft a single round and condemn it. (Did you leave home worrying about your wife and girlfriend meeting at the coffee shop and can't concentrate?) With all the choices out there, you will find one that works and is the best one for you... until it hiccups and you go looking again!!!

OP
Hoganman1

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
You're right about confidence. That's why I keep going back to my 2004 fairways. I am going to try the ProLaunch Blue. Like I said, the Vista Pro is fine. I'm just looking for a little more kick. I still have the Speeder 565 that was stock in the XR16, but to be honest I really haven't played it much as I already had the Vista Pro from a previous driver.
I like to tinker. Some of my friends think I'm nuts for experimenting so much, but I think it's fun.
On another note, my wife and girlfriend are the same person. I know that's boring, but it's the truth.
Hit'em straight, my friend.

🔥 Latest posts