• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue vs Fujikura Vista Pro

OP
Hoganman1

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
United States United States
Silly me. I thought this forum might be different from some of the others I visit. Apparently, it isn't.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Silly me. I thought this forum might be different from some of the others I visit. Apparently, it isn't.
You will find a lot of good information, and good input, from the members here. At the same time, we have fun with each other. Kind of like sitting around the 19th hole having a beer.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Imagine if he'd seen some of sssmokin's pics.
giphy.gif

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Thanks to you all for your input. I guess I'll try the ProLaunch Blue. By the way, Limpalong; what shaft are you playing in your XR16?
If you're still lurking out there, I became even more convinced today of how much I like the Speeder 565 in my XR16. The performance of that driver/shaft combo won me some really big money. Took home $3.25 today!! We play for quarters. To win or lose 75 cents is sorta the normal. For someone to walk away with over $3??? It's like highway robbery!!

TSH_Golf

Feb 11, 2018
Country
One of the big changes us old geezers have seen in our 'golf lifetimes' is the advent of and evolution of graphite shafts. The technology in today's graphite shafts is far advanced over what we could ever have imagined 35 to 40 years ago. That technology, however, has seen the need to match a shaft characteristics with a person's swing idiosyncrasies. We each have developed likes... or dislikes... of a specific shaft due to our own experience with that shaft.
This is where it's fun to read the posts on a particular golf forum where each new release of a graphite shaft is touted as the best thing since sliced bread for EVERY player. Personally, I have always had good experience with Speeder shafts. WBL despises them. I've hated every Graphite Design shaft I've owned. Others swear by them. Also, don't care for the Graffalloy shafts.
What a confusing game we play............

I totally agree, shaft shopping is a crap shoot. I've frequency analyzed and profiled over 200 shafts myself, plus using the old Wishon Shaft Profile software, and it's really all over the place. For sure the technology has improved dramatically over the past 10-15 years. RE: the Grafalloy PLB wasn't always my favorite shaft, but it really works well with the new Krank F7 driver (for me). The other things is the lack of an industry standard regarding shaft flexes and "kick points", and whatever other terminology they throw up. I've developed my own standard based on what Wishon started with measuring the frequency at multiple points along the shaft and plotting that on a graph to compare flex points between shafts.

Instead of trying to deal with all the shafts on the planet, I've kind of gone with trying to pick 1 or 2 manufacturers and just work with what they've got. I personally have had good luck with Matrix and AccuFlex. Both offer a variety of flex and profile options that will fit most any golfer. And I still like some of the older Aldila shafts too, the NV and the Voodoo. And I try to avoid the "latest and greatest" marketing ploy to charge an outrageous price. Wait a year and buy if for half the price when the next new thing is introduced.

At best it's fun trying to keep up with things, and for sure every golfer will have a unique swing profile where something fits better than something else. And they all have an opinion, mostly based on marketing crap they've heard or seen. Amazing how many of them think when they buy a new (brand name) driver, they are getting the same head and shaft that they see the pros playing on TV.

OP
Hoganman1

Hoganman1

Feb 10, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Country
I'm still here. There is some useful information on this site. I don't have a problem with humor and I understand there are "inside jokes" on all sites. You guys are just having fun. I've learned one often has to wade through some of these posts just to get to the useful info. My only comment is some of you "would be" comedians should probably keep your day jobs. (Just kidding)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I'm still here. There is some useful information on this site. I don't have a problem with humor and I understand there are "inside jokes" on all sites. You guys are just having fun. I've learned one often has to wade through some of these posts just to get to the useful info. My only comment is some of you "would be" comedians should probably keep your day jobs. (Just kidding)
I DO plan on keeping my "day job". I'm retired.:D

🔥 Latest posts