1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grand Day Out at Royal County Down Golf Club

Discussion in 'Golf Pictures' started by IrishGolfer, Oct 12, 2007.

1. ezra76

ezra76 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking. My first thought when looking at that hole was "powerfade, big time". I'd love to play a course like that. Best I can get around here is when the wind kicks up and I can ride it or fight it. Other than that, you guys are right, mostly target golf.

Thanks for the pics. [​IMG]

2. The master

The master online

:laugh: Well I had to learn how to spell at some point in my life.

Bravo there has been a postal strike for the past 2 years here, so the turkey is still on its way and should arrive by this christmas.

Well IG how are you fixed for a game sometime? A UK golf outing sounds good to me, now that the shottalk UK membership base has grown a lot over the past year???

3. Eracer

Eracer No more triple bogies!!

I thought you UK guys had an outing planned already?

4. The master

The master online

Maybe there is, I haven't really been keeping a close eye on the forums recently, so I'm still catching up on a lot of older posts.

5. IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer Fac ut gaudeam Supporting Member

It kinda fell through, lack of enthusiasm, money etc. Still I'd be glad to entertian you again some time over the Winter round The Port. You got wheels yet? Let me know and we'll fix something up. btw I think I texted you by mistake last week, which means i still obviously have your mobile no.

6. Dave Ireland

Dave Ireland I'm sizzlin tonite

7. The master

The master online

:laugh: Of course not I meant a GB & Ireland golf trip, it wouldn't be a shottalk outing without Dave Ireland. I say 36 holes around royal portstewart.

8. IrishGolfer

My new SC requires an oily rag, so I wouldn't ever discard that. As for Republicans...what was the question again?

9. Andy_79

Andy_79 Well-Known Member

:laugh: @ you guys.

:laugh: , aussi, at WildcatGolfer and his "that ain't real golf" comments. In fact, make that 2 X :laugh:.

Yes, we must get something sorted real quick. Be good to get a couple of 4-balls or something sorted out. Hopefully get a good enough day weather-wise for it, as well.

We should also get a British Isles V. The Yanks Shottalk Ryder Cup like comp. going, too. Make it bi-annual with you guys coming over here and vice versa. I'm sure we could organsise something given a fair bit of time, etc....:confused:

10. Andy_79

Andy_79 Well-Known Member

Brav., I have climed said hill. It is called Slieve Donard and I placed my rock right at the top of a huge pile of rocks so that mine was at the highest point in all of Northern Ireland :) Still have the little rock to this very day - and this was a hike that was done 10 or 11 years ago...! :laugh:

11. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Well good for you Andrew....such a beautiful backdrop for a golf course....again, I would love to see the scenic beauty of this course as it hosted an Open Championship....on a pretty day - it would be spectacular - easily the most beautiful of all I have seen in the rota....too bad as IG said, it doesn't have the infrastructure to host....

12. Irish

Irish Well-Known Member

such put downs sound like a challange in the making...

13. Dave Ireland

LOL .. yep A, would be nice to get together. Probably have to be P'Stewart as I'm not too sure whether IG's Car Insurance would allow him to travel anywhere with that amount of clubs in the boot of the car :D

14. Dave Ireland

Yeah I heard those SC's need all the love and attention of a new born baby. Wouldn't be surprised to see ya buying one of those tartan slipons that auld dears put on poodles - the blue dye rinse for yerself is optional ;)

15. Dave Ireland

Good man Irish ... yer doin me proud

16. IrishGolfer

Introducing the new Irish Morecambe and Wise...

17. Irish

Irish Well-Known Member

well its mr miyagi and the karate kid...(there always was a something a little dubious about that relationship) :laugh:

18. Dave Ireland

LOL ... reminded me of our great buddy and one time member here Kilted Arab ... who christened us "The Chuckle Brothers" ... bit of nostalgia required so I had a look back thru the archives at some of the posts ... man they were funny times .. esp the posts when he took, in his own words "poetic licence" with some of the narration ..

19. Dave Ireland

LOL... I remember having a conversation with IG about how you explained to yer Missus that yer going 200 odd miles to play golf with a guy you've never met, but chatted on the internet to ... and we both admitted to toe curling excuses to the wife ..... as far as I'm aware IG never fessed up to his missus about travelling to meet a 16 year old schoolboy (The Master at the time), as that was one situation that really couldn't be explained ...

IG has courted lurid headlines from the 1st day I met him most notably exposing his wedding tackle in public places ... a little Gary Glitter thrown into the mix can't hurt him much more ....:D

20. The master

The master online

HAHA! I remember telling my mum and dad that I was going to play golf at Portstewart with a guy who I use to play a lot of golf with and he invited me up for a game! I can't blame IG for not telling his wife, I could imagine how weird it would sound to her. :laugh:

I think a Christmas scramble sounds good maybe sometime around the christmas holidays?? I think we could get a couple of fourballs together.