1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grand Day Out at Royal County Down Golf Club

Discussion in 'Golf Pictures' started by IrishGolfer, Oct 12, 2007.

1. MCDavis

MCDavis The Plaid Duffer Staff Member Moderator

United States United States
    Reading this thread makes me wish I was on that side of the pond...

2. Dave Ireland

Dave Ireland I'm sizzlin tonite

LMAO ... jaysus I forgot about that .. coz yer Mam drove you up to P'Stewart !!

I'll say yes to a get together, nearer the time I'll know for sure .. christamas day would be a problem ;)

3. IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer Fac ut gaudeam Supporting Member

It won't be for me if my Missus reads this thread!!:)

4. IrishGolfer

I wonder if Kilted arab ever gets fed up counting his money...

ah, the canny wee Scot, I miss his twisted wit.

btw Dave pints are out for tomorrow night. Dublin trip has been cancelled. Unless you want a pint with our Technical Director, I can set that up for you if you like.

5. IrishGolfer

Feck me, I take a hell of a slagging these days.

You'll all a bunch of cheeky bastards, the lot of you!

6. DaveE

DaveE The golfer fka ST Champ

My wife knew what I was doing when IG and I made plans to play and it was about 200 miles for me to. The day before it looked like nothing would work so we canceled.

She had thought I was nuts to make the plans in the first place but when IG called at 5am on a Saturday morning to say the game was back on she was sure I'd lost my mind.

A year and half later she's still telling people about the time I drove to Dallas to play golf with a guy I met on the internet. And she still thinks I'm nuts too. :p

7. The master

The master online

I think that wifes and family members wouldn't understand that we all share a love for this game and how great it is to meet and play with new people on the golf course. Shottalk is also a tightly knitted community as all the members get along so well. It sounds a bit weird saying you are meeting people of the internet but in hindsight it is quite normal.

8. IrishGolfer

Geez Dave, I sorta remember that alright. T'was like a scene from a movie. I arrived at Check-In at 4.30am trying to reschedule my flights to give me a 7 hour stop-over (to play golf!!!!). I had tried every possible route with the airline previous to that, so the game looked doomed.

Then I hit the Check-In Girl with a Killer Smile, and she made "things happen".

So get this. Dave E drives 400 miles round trip. Wirehair picks me up at Dallas Fort Worth. I get a lend of Obagain's clubs. And we drink Shiner beer. Dave kicks my ass, I almost miss my onward flight. The rest, as they say, is history.

[​IMG]

What's so wierd about that?

9. Dave Ireland

LOL... oh yeah he was one funny guy ... politically he was so far right wing he nearly came back around to being left wing, but put him behind a camera and a keyboard and he came into his own ... probably the Euro version of Spank ..

I've only realised now from Dave and IG's post how much of a commitment you guys gave to get the Texas gig on .. I thought Texas was a small little place with lots of Cattle, Oil Wells and NRA;) .. didya know that GB & I would fit nearly 2 and a half times inta Texas .. sheeesh .. no such thing as a small town menatlity !!!

10. Eracer

Eracer No more triple bogies!!

I'd love to join up with this group. Trouble is I'd be laughing one minute (listening to these guys banter on) and crying the next (getting my ass kicked). Maybe I could just drive the beer cart and take pictures.:laugh:

11. Dave Ireland

Hey Eracer... come on down ... beer and a good laugh are a prerequiste - good golf ? nah ... actually there'll be a lot of laughing if IG's current trend of sartoral elegance on the golf course continues (see pic ealier in thread) ... he's beginning to look like an extra in Riverdance :D

12. MCDavis

Ok, so where would Eracer and I be going if we came to play with you guys?

13. Dave Ireland

Don't know where we'd be going when yer here ... but it would be safe to assume The Betty Ford would be yer first calling point on the way home.... I'd suppose we'd have to visit the new Golf Superstore in Portstewart.. "IG's Golf and Tackle Shop" ... you can walk around and admire his junk :D

14. MCDavis

I meant what part of Ireland more than what course...wanted to look it up and get an idea of where you guys are.

15. Dave Ireland

Well we're 200 miles apart .. IG & Andy are up the very north of the country look for Portrush, Portstewart or Coleraine. The Master is near Bangor Co. Down which is like 2 o'clock on the map and myself and Irish are in Dublin

16. MCDavis

Thanks, Dave!

17. IrishGolfer

McD, just needed to do some revision. You're probably better to stay in the North, more chance you will understand what's going on, and more chance you will stay alive. Those boys South of the Border have a habit of stealing yer money, and you won't know what's hit you until you arive back Stateside. :)

18. Irish

Irish Well-Known Member

thats if can understand what the lads up north are saying :)
    if you come to ireland its best to do the entire coastline...the middle of the country is pretty unspectatular in terms of scenery..but the coastline north and south is fantastic and are where the best links courses are..royal county down..portstewart...some great courses on the west coast enniscrone and rosses point in sligo and some decent track is donegal too...

you would want to see the south west of the country too...kerry, clare spectatular coastline..ballybunion, tralee, lahinch all great tracks

19. Dave Ireland

Whoa whoa whoa ....McD just a point of clarification, this aint like the Old West and The Alamo ... we aint no bandidos raiding, raping and pillaging from down Mexico way .. if you've seen the houses and the women up north you'd understand the raping and pillaging is a pointless excercise :D