• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grand Day Out at Royal County Down Golf Club

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Brav., I have climed said hill. It is called Slieve Donard and I placed my rock right at the top of a huge pile of rocks so that mine was at the highest point in all of Northern Ireland :) Still have the little rock to this very day - and this was a hike that was done 10 or 11 years ago...! :laugh:

Well good for you Andrew....such a beautiful backdrop for a golf course....again, I would love to see the scenic beauty of this course as it hosted an Open Championship....on a pretty day - it would be spectacular - easily the most beautiful of all I have seen in the rota....too bad as IG said, it doesn't have the infrastructure to host....

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
:laugh: Of course not I meant a GB & Ireland golf trip, it wouldn't be a shottalk outing without Dave Ireland. I say 36 holes around royal portstewart.

LOL .. yep A, would be nice to get together. Probably have to be P'Stewart as I'm not too sure whether IG's Car Insurance would allow him to travel anywhere with that amount of clubs in the boot of the car :D

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
My new SC requires an oily rag, so I wouldn't ever discard that. As for Republicans...what was the question again?

Yeah I heard those SC's need all the love and attention of a new born baby. Wouldn't be surprised to see ya buying one of those tartan slipons that auld dears put on poodles - the blue dye rinse for yerself is optional ;)

Irish

May 9, 2007
Well done Grasshopper! You learn well. 2 years ago would have seen possibly different response, no? Kudos! And A+ for grammar and spelling. :)

well its mr miyagi and the karate kid...(there always was a something a little dubious about that relationship) :laugh:

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Introducing the new Irish Morecambe and Wise...

LOL ... reminded me of our great buddy and one time member here Kilted Arab ... who christened us "The Chuckle Brothers" ... bit of nostalgia required so I had a look back thru the archives at some of the posts ... man they were funny times .. esp the posts when he took, in his own words "poetic licence" with some of the narration ..

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
well its mr miyagi and the karate kid...(there always was a something a little dubious about that relationship) :laugh:

LOL... I remember having a conversation with IG about how you explained to yer Missus that yer going 200 odd miles to play golf with a guy you've never met, but chatted on the internet to ... and we both admitted to toe curling excuses to the wife ..... as far as I'm aware IG never fessed up to his missus about travelling to meet a 16 year old schoolboy (The Master at the time), as that was one situation that really couldn't be explained ...

IG has courted lurid headlines from the 1st day I met him most notably exposing his wedding tackle in public places ... a little Gary Glitter thrown into the mix can't hurt him much more ....:D

The master

Oct 24, 2004
LOL... I remember having a conversation with IG about how you explained to yer Missus that yer going 200 odd miles to play golf with a guy you've never met, but chatted on the internet to ... and we both admitted to toe curling excuses to the wife ..... as far as I'm aware IG never fessed up to his missus about travelling to meet a 16 year old schoolboy (The Master at the time), as that was one situation that really couldn't be explained ...

HAHA! I remember telling my mum and dad that I was going to play golf at Portstewart with a guy who I use to play a lot of golf with and he invited me up for a game! I can't blame IG for not telling his wife, I could imagine how weird it would sound to her. :laugh:

I think a Christmas scramble sounds good maybe sometime around the christmas holidays?? I think we could get a couple of fourballs together.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Reading this thread makes me wish I was on that side of the pond...

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
HAHA! I remember telling my mum and dad that I was going to play golf at Portstewart with a guy who I use to play a lot of golf with and he invited me up for a game! I can't blame IG for not telling his wife, I could imagine how weird it would sound to her. :laugh:

I think a Christmas scramble sounds good maybe sometime around the christmas holidays?? I think we could get a couple of fourballs together.

LMAO ... jaysus I forgot about that .. coz yer Mam drove you up to P'Stewart !!

I'll say yes to a get together, nearer the time I'll know for sure .. christamas day would be a problem ;)

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I wonder if Kilted arab ever gets fed up counting his money...

ah, the canny wee Scot, I miss his twisted wit.

btw Dave pints are out for tomorrow night. Dublin trip has been cancelled. Unless you want a pint with our Technical Director, I can set that up for you if you like.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004

IG has courted lurid headlines from the 1st day I met him most notably exposing his wedding tackle in public places ... a little Gary Glitter thrown into the mix can't hurt him much more ....:D

Feck me, I take a hell of a slagging these days.

You'll all a bunch of cheeky bastards, the lot of you!

🔥 Latest posts