• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

graphite shafts cracking,...noise?

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
I bought a new driver in january and as soon as I took it out of the box it had a squeek..I thought it was loose,...had it re glued but now the squeek has turned into a cracking noise. You can grab the head in one hand and the shaft in the other and twist and it sounds like the shaft/ graphite is cracking or coming apart?......its weird..I have several Pinemeadow products and I'm happy with all of them. I called Pinemeadow and they said for me to send it back and they will replace the shaft free of charge, pay for the shipping too. Great customer service.....Hopefully it wont take very long to get it back....I hit that driver pretty well.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
It sounds like the maybe the epoxy broke loose and the dry pieces are just moving around and breaking up???? Take it to a clubmaker and have them re epoxy the head, or send it back to the company to have done. Only should cost about $5-10 if the shaft is o.k. A club maker once told me that the graphite can fray at the end, but I don't imagine it would make a cracking noise unless the shaft start to crack. In which case you would likely need a new shaft. Since it is only a month old, you may want to try to get a replacement since this is the second time and they obviously have a problem with their epoxy.

OP
DaGris

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
It sounds like the maybe the epoxy broke loose and the dry pieces are just moving around and breaking up???? Take it to a clubmaker and have them re epoxy the head, or send it back to the company to have done. Only should cost about $5-10 if the shaft is o.k. A club maker once told me that the graphite can fray at the end, but I don't imagine it would make a cracking noise unless the shaft start to crack. In which case you would likely need a new shaft. Since it is only a month old, you may want to try to get a replacement since this is the second time and they obviously have a problem with their epoxy.
ya,..I talked with Pinemeadow,...I'm going to send it back so they can fix it. They said they will take care of it.

🔥 Latest posts