• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greetings from Vancouver

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Wow, thanks for all the greetings. This is the friendliest forum I've ever been on!
So... what the heck is a "Vancouver"? Is that one of those plastic things the soccer mom covers her min-van with in the driveway? Oh! It's a place. It's way up north, like in Canada or somewhere, isn't it? Do you talk funny like the rest of the Canadians and the cheese-heads from Wisconsin?

See? Brag about us being "friendly" and we can get grumpy real quick! ;)

Welcome to ShotTalk! It's a great group of guys... no ladies allowed... who enjoy about anything except golf.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
So... what the heck is a "Vancouver"? Is that one of those plastic things the soccer mom covers her min-van with in the driveway? Oh! It's a place. It's way up north, like in Canada or somewhere, isn't it? Do you talk funny like the rest of the Canadians and the cheese-heads from Wisconsin?

Spent a few days in vancouver a couple months ago and enjoyed it, hell of a lot better than seattle. gastown, Stanley Island, Granville Island, grouse mountain, etc are all great places to visit.

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
Spent a few days in vancouver a couple months ago and enjoyed it, hell of a lot better than seattle. gastown, Stanley Island, Granville Island, grouse mountain, etc are all great places to visit.

I liked Seattle, but I was there during good weather, which apparently doesn't happen a lot.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I liked Seattle, but I was there during good weather, which apparently doesn't happen a lot.
Seattle is fine so long as you hang out at the Public market, along the waterfront, etc The city itself is ok and even the weather isn't horrible but the number of bums, panhandlers and downright dirtbags is disgusting.

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
Seattle is fine so long as you hang out at the Public market, along the waterfront, etc The city itself is ok and even the weather isn't horrible but the number of bums, panhandlers and downright dirtbags is disgusting.

Yea, I really enjoyed the market place area. We also ate at The Crab Pot, which was awesome.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
We ate at this little hole in the wall italian joint in the market, everything was made from scratch and it was freakin awesome! Also had some Thai chicken on a stick that was spicy as hell, uber delicious though.

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
We ate at this little hole in the wall italian joint in the market, everything was made from scratch and it was freakin awesome! Also had some Thai chicken on a stick that was spicy as hell, uber delicious though.

I tried my first Gyro (Lamb) in Seattle. Pretty good. It was a hole in the wall Mediterranean place in the market.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.